Venice Airport Departure Time

Regguy

Jade next summer -- the itinerary shows a port arrival time of 08:00 -- and I'm wondering whether I can reasonably safely book a noon departure from Marco Polo airport. Using search, I've seen a few posts on the matter -- I understand there's a risk if something unforeseen happens like fog (trip insurance!) and also that Venice port rules may not permit walking off.

What I'm kind of after is figuring out what time NCL requires for flights if you use NCL transportation. I've always used that as a rough guide for what's reasonably safe. Like if they won't let you book their airport transfer for flights before 1:00 p.m., that would be good info. I thought there used to be a way to find this information on-line -- like maybe NCL port-by-port guidance or something -- but either it's gone or my google skills have deteriorated.

Edited by Regguy

You'll make it easy. Off the ship at 8:30, walk to the people mover, 5-10 minutes, people mover to Piazza Roma, 2 minutes, walk over the BLOODY bridge to train station, 5-10 minutes, train to Mestre, 5 minutes on the train, bus to the airport 15 minutes. Total cost would be about 10 Euros, 50-60 less than getting a cab to the airport

You'll make it easy. Off the ship at 8:30, walk to the people mover, 5-10 minutes, people mover to Piazza Roma, 2 minutes, walk over the BLOODY bridge to train station, 5-10 minutes, train to Mestre, 5 minutes on the train, bus to the airport 15 minutes. Total cost would be about 10 Euros, 50-60 less than getting a cab to the airport

Much thanks! There are four of us, so the cab might not be a huge difference in price anyway.

Jade next summer -- the itinerary shows a port arrival time of 08:00 -- and I'm wondering whether I can reasonably safely book a noon departure from Marco Polo airport. Using search, I've seen a few posts on the matter -- I understand there's a risk if something unforeseen happens like fog (trip insurance!) and also that Venice port rules may not permit walking off.

What I'm kind of after is figuring out what time NCL requires for flights if you use NCL transportation. I've always used that as a rough guide for what's reasonably safe. Like if they won't let you book their airport transfer for flights before 1:00 p.m., that would be good info. I thought there used to be a way to find this information on-line -- like maybe NCL port-by-port guidance or something -- but either it's gone or my google skills have deteriorated.

We had a 11:40am flight out of Vencie. Signed up for the first bus with NCL based on departure time from the airport. We got to the airport in no time and had to wait in line for airline counter to open. If I remember correct, this was about 30 - 45 minutes. Breezed through security and then had plenty of time to relax at the gate and make sure we didn't miss our flight. Made for a very stress free ending to a wonderful cruise.