Bamboo Beach VIP - RECENT VISITORS?

cruzn buckeye

My wife and I did this excursion through NCL last October. Overall, we had a really nice time (but I am a Jamaica-holic). The bus ride was short and fun. As soon as you arrive, you are handed a glass of rum punch. Then they lead you to the vip area. Nice loungers, a few tables and chairs, and lots of shade too. The staff was very friendly. The service was outstanding - they just keep coming with more food and drinks. The food was excellent. Started with jerk sausage, then came a salad, then jerk chicken and all the grilled lobster you wanted. You can even get a massage too.

I had two very minor things that I didn't like, The first is that the water dops off very quickly once you enter the water. It makes it a bit tough to get back out. The second was it ended too soon. It seemed like we were all just settling in for a great day when they said it was time to go. Time flies when you are having fun!

The bus ride back to the pier sure was fun. A bunch of drunk people singing Bob Marley songs!!!

Here is a link to my complete cruise review. The Bamboo beach part starts at post 13.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2142968

• 5 months later...

Just came back from our cruise. Bamboo Beach Club was okay. The weather was poor and made the water choppy and stirred up, not what you normally find in the Caribbean. The food is not unlimited and they bring you several courses starting with a salad and ending with dessert. The alcohol is another story. Several people in our group had to be poured back on the bus. We had Olivia as our server and she is the best. She was quick with the drinks and even brought me coffee as I hadn't had my morning fix yet. My wife got the beach massage and it was amazing for much less than the ship offers.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi There,

We are considering an NCL excursion, "Bamboo Beach VIP & Aqua Tubing Adventure" at $119pp. They have another excursion that is $109 and is called "Bamboo Beach & Aqua Tubing Adventure. Does the $10 difference in price really mean anything?

The VIP one says that you are brought to a secluded part of the beach and have unlimited food and drinks. Does any one know if this is true?

Besides these 2 NCL excursions, we are talking to Peat Taylor and Courtney Taylor (btw are they related?). Thanks!

Hi There,

We are considering an NCL excursion, "Bamboo Beach VIP & Aqua Tubing Adventure" at $119pp. They have another excursion that is $109 and is called "Bamboo Beach & Aqua Tubing Adventure. Does the $10 difference in price really mean anything?

The VIP one says that you are brought to a secluded part of the beach and have unlimited food and drinks. Does any one know if this is true?

Besides these 2 NCL excursions, we are talking to Peat Taylor and Courtney Taylor (btw are they related?). Thanks!

No they are not related. Peat and Courtney Taylor do their own excursions. Not sure where they take you but they are spoken of very highly.

If you are considering the Bamboo Beach and Aqua Tubing, just remember the time at Bamboo beach club will probably be an hour or so... you do still get the unlimited drinks and food...