Philadelphia Port tell all

SunTravels

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've cruised from Philly's cruise ship terminal a couple of times and it's generally easier than say NYC's. There's not nearly as much traffic or confusion. You can get dropped off at the terminal entrance for your ship while the other person parks the car in a parking lot about a block away (if you're leaving a vehicle) and parking rates are reasonable ($10 a day I think).

Once you get in the terminal you go through customs and check in and then have a fairly long walk to get to your ship (not ridiculous, but probably the equivalent to two city blocks or so).

I've cruised out of NYC, Miami and Philly and if you're doing the driving, Philly is probably the easiest. If you're taking a cab, then it's a toss up between Philly and Miami, although with Miami we were dropped off right by the ship.

hope this helps.

Dan

• 10 months later...

There's not nearly as much traffic or confusion. You can get dropped off at the terminal entrance for your ship while the other person parks the car in a parking lot about a block away (if you're leaving a vehicle) and parking rates are reasonable ($10 a day I think).

....if you're doing the driving, Philly is probably the easiest.

Dan

Just to update this...very well organized port. Easy to drive to. There was someone at every corner in the yard to direct you, impossible to get lost.

$10.00 per day parking and the shuttles run every 10 minutes or less if full. Its a large secure parking area inside the (naval) yard.

Arrival: You can drop off your passengers right at the entrance then park and take a shuttle back....or just park first and take the shuttle with your bags.

Departure: Take the shuttle with your bags to the parking area.

We were off the ship and in our car within 20 minutes.

JE

Archived