My Getaway Review

seaexplorer11

I honestly don't have much to say about this cruise. I have been on Norwegian 3 times in the last two years. I had a good time, The ports were nice and it was an OK cruise.

The things that stood out to me were three fold. The food has gone downhill. We ate at Taste for lunch and dinner the first two days and the food was either; cold or tasteless. I had The chicken nachos at lunch on day 1, absolutely awful. I had the open face tuna as my meal, which wasn't half bad, except the bread was stale! We got no bread to snack on while we waited and the butter of course was, in Norwegian cruise line tradition, as hard as a rock.

for dinner I had a roasted chicken breast. Luke warm, not very well sized and lacked flavor. The fried calamari was not very good at all. The service was slow, the staff was nice, but more like they were going through the motions rather than entertaining us as valued guests. They didn't seem to care very much. I tried to chat with a few of them, one was very happy and outgoing, the other was shy, seemed new. The ship did seem understaffed.

I doubt I will go on Norwegian again. I did ROyal Caribbean a few months back and it was a lot more fun and enjoyable.

Thanks for posting. We were just on the Getaway not sure if it was same sailing as yours. We had not sailed NCL since 2002 so we wouldn't have noticed a downward slide as others have talked about. We had a great time and really enjoyed the ship. I do always appreciate people's honesty of their impressions, though.

I do agree with you that at many times/places on board it did seem understaffed. Especially O'Sheehans. But, never enough to ruin our cruise.

Sorry it wasn't up to your expectations, I know how disappointing that can feel after looking forward to a great vacation.

We just got off the Getaway and in some ways felt the same way. We were on the Gem last year and the crew was much friendlier and attentive. I also feel like the food was ok at best nothing great. All that being said we had a great cruise and enjoyed the ship's activities and ports.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk