cruise ship entertainment

granni10

We were on the Freedom last week and totally enjoyed the shows. The comedy shows (PG) were generally good and the space was big enough for a good size crowd unlike the Sunshine where the space is way too small. The Cruise Director makes a big difference. We had Wee Jimmy and he always sat in the audience during each show. It was nice to see that a live duo is back playing Caribbean music by the main pool. The guitarists who played on Deck 3 were outstanding and always drew a good crowd. Overall the entertainment was better than we generally experience on Royal Caribbean.

My personal tip is to catch the "family friendly" PG rated shows. They are not as usually well-attended, and do not contain the language that many find offensive.

With the right comedian, that approach could work. But most of them have an act in which the large majority of it isn't family friendly, so these PG shows leave them without much of an act left.

Unless you are easily offended, generally you're going to be more entertained at the later show. As I say though, with the right comedian whose material is family friendly anyway, the PG show would be fine.

We were on the Conquest earlier this year and terrible to have Hasbro as entertainment on one night let alone two. Not exalt entertainment for anyone over say 10.

Would be enough to go on other ships instead.

We just got off the conquest and we were very disappointed with the entertainment. I used to say a cruise director does not make a difference on a cruise, but we were wrong. He was terrible. Hasbro took up one night, very little sea day activities as well. Not sure who picks the variety acts, but we had a "magic comedian act" that did very little magic and very little comedy. Although this would never stop us sailing with Carnival, we would prefer they go back to the old shows and start adding better evening entertainment.

I agree with you. The new Playlist Productions really IMHO are bad. Seen each one once and never again. Use to be able to watch the old show over and over.

Hate it that on the ships with 2.0 they use the Hasbro game show for main entertainment. Bad enough have to have it one night but on the Conquest last time, a 7 night cruise, Hasbro game show was the main entertainment on 2 different nights. I blame the CD for this.

Just such a shame. Huge, elegant theaters with shows that don't even come close to living up to the venue.

And Carnival appears as tone deaf on this issues as the singers they dispatch to the shows.