Rubrrick...Question for you :)

lat1

Hello Rubrrick,

I wasn't sure if you would check back on the Hosting a Party thread.

Could you tell me if you had to pay for the food when you hosted parties in the RS?? I am on Mariner in the RS on Oct. 2nd and would like to host a party for 45-50. What do you think, in your experience something like this could run??

Thanks so much for any suggestions.

Hi Leslie and Wayne.......... What type of food are you thinking about? There are a couple of ways to go about this. My suggestion is to get together with the Guest Relations Manager, and let that person know about your party, and ask what foods would be free, vs the types of foods that you would be charged for. That person will arrange for you to have a meeting with Food and Beverage. Discuss with them what you want. Let's say you would like hot appitizers. Ask what the charge would be, if any. We have had parties where there has been no charge for food, and others where we have paid $50 to $60 for hot and cold appitizers. The ships staff has always done something special for us in this regard in an OS or RS. If you need more information feel free to email me.

Rick

Hey Rick,

Thanks for the information. Is the final decision objective or is there some kind of rule in place for such a request? What I don't want to happen is to invite people and then find out that it is going to cost too much and be stuck. Any suggestions???

Thanks again, I really appreciate all your help.

lat1... the best way to arrange a cocktail party is to do so in advance through your TA. A cocktail party with a 2 hour open bar and hot and cold food is only $28.00 per person. They will give you a list of available lounges, times and dates. The nice thing is by arranging in advance, you can print invitations etc and all is prearranged with the ship.

Yikes...$1400.00 before tip!!! This is what I wanted to avoid. I was hoping that we would be able to arrange for some food from the ship at no cost (of course I would tip those involved in helping set up etc...).

I guess I will wait until we board and see what they have to say.

lat1... I seriously doubt they will give you a complimentary spread for that many people. Why not just have everyone pay the $28.00 pp or part of it and have a nice 2 hour party with food and open bar? Another option is for the 1 hour open bar with cold snacks for $16.00 pp or a 1 hour open bar with hot and cold food for $24.00 pp.

Archived