Trip Insurance: Nationwide

missintuitive

Disclosure: I do not work for Nationwide. I'm just a cruiser that went looking for trip insurance.

Nationwide insurance has a "cruise" trip insurance product. As part of the product, you receive money back when a cruise line announces an itinerary change BEFORE the ship has sailed for your inconvenience. The insurance had three levels and I believe you get between $250-$750 depending on which level you buy. The mid-level plan seems like the best bang for your buck (and offers more than then more expensive cruise line offered insurance). When I first read that the itinerary had to be changed before the trip I thought this was an unlikely scenario. I hadn't been on the NCL board in months and when I came back there has been a lot of talk about cancelled itineraries. This usually happens while in the ship for weather or other reasons. If you're looking to insure your trip either way this cruise insurance may be a very good option. I found it on insure my trip dot com.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Disclosure: I do not work for Nationwide. I'm just a cruiser that went looking for trip insurance.

Nationwide insurance has a "cruise" trip insurance product. As part of the product, you receive money back when a cruise line announces an itinerary change BEFORE the ship has sailed for your inconvenience. The insurance had three levels and I believe you get between $250-$750 depending on which level you buy. The mid-level plan seems like the best bang for your buck (and offers more than then more expensive cruise line offered insurance). When I first read that the itinerary had to be changed before the trip I thought this was an unlikely scenario. I hadn't been on the NCL board in months and when I came back there has been a lot of talk about cancelled itineraries. This usually happens while in the ship for weather or other reasons. If you're looking to insure your trip either way this cruise insurance may be a very good option. I found it on insure my trip dot com.

That's what we have for our Transatlantic cruise on the Escape but that clause won't help us since we have no port visits at all. Not sure what level we have but it's called Luxury Cruise Insurance. (our Port of Call part is for $1250.00) We were only offered two options for the insurance and took the higher cost one since we have to fly to Europe to meet our ship. We were mainly looking for insurance that covers pre-existing conditions as long as it is paid for by Final Payment since we booked over 1.5 years ago when it was first offered for booking. My parents are 85 and 82 so you just never know.

Edited by peg013

Please read the insurance certificate very carefully. Itinerary changes close to the cruise are rare. Must happen outside the penalty phase of the booking. The instance co. Only covers non refundable items. If you are able to cancel without penalty. No claim can be filed.

Most last minute changes would be due to events that the carrier ( nationwide) would exclude. Such as weather, acts of terrorism Ect...

Find the telephone number for nationwide and find out directly from them to be sure.

I read carefully. This is a special product for cruises that goes beyond standard coverages of regular trip insurance. Port of call changes are included. Thanks Pam. The coverages must be $500, $750, and $1250 depending on the coverage purchased. Weather (hurricanes) are covered if you purchase the insurance before the storm is named. If you miss the boat they also pay a certain amount to get you to the next port. The certificate is available on insure my trip dot com for review and you get a ten to fourteen day review period to cancel.

Please read the insurance certificate very carefully. Itinerary changes close to the cruise are rare. Must happen outside the penalty phase of the booking. The instance co. Only covers non refundable items. If you are able to cancel without penalty. No claim can be filed.

Most last minute changes would be due to events that the carrier ( nationwide) would exclude. Such as weather, acts of terrorism Ect...

Find the telephone number for nationwide and find out directly from them to be sure.

Read it before and after I purchased it. Definitely covers weather, terrorism in Itinerary City both foreign and US Domestic. Baggage delay, trip cancellation, trip interruption, trip delay, emergency medical expenses, dental expenses, evacuation ($500,000.) accidental death and much more.....and as I said it covers pre-existing medical conditions as long as you purchase BEFORE Final Payment.

Plus they have a toll free International Assistance phone number.

Edited by peg013