Cozumel shore excuriosn question

Wasn't sure to post here since it's regarding the RCCI vendor for the shore excursion, or post in the Cozumel section, so I'll start here.

One of the guests traveling with us has a very large waist. He's in pretty good health overall for a big guy, but his waistline is 50 inches. We were considering the "3 Reef Snorkel By Boat" but wanted to verify that the life vests they have would be large enough for him.

Thoughts?

We were on a recent private snorkeling excursion and we used floating "noodles." The boat captain said they would be easier to use than the vests, and after trying them I agree completely. My husband is a big guy and it worked great for him, too. Maybe you can find out if they offer them instead of vests?

I can not speak to this specific excursion.

The last two snorkel tours we did both had noodles as well.

You should probably contact Royal to see who operates the excursion and email them directly. I think that is probably the only way to have 100% certainty.

It might be worth mentioning that I have seen excursions that list height and weight guidelines. I assume none is listed for the excursion your looking at, but again that is just kind of a general comment.

Good luck, hope you enjoy your cruise.

Thanks to everyone for the replies. I'll email RCCL. Took awhile to find an email to use...they hide it very well!

Regarding the noodles, doesn't seem very safe, if they want everyone in a life vest for safety. He's a good swimmer and the ocean certainly makes a person float more easily, but it seemed most snorkeling excursions were requiring the vest.

Regarding the excursion and size limitations, I've definitely seen that on some, but this particular one didn't mention one.

Wasn't sure to post here since it's regarding the RCCI vendor for the shore excursion, or post in the Cozumel section, so I'll start here.

One of the guests traveling with us has a very large waist. He's in pretty good health overall for a big guy, but his waistline is 50 inches. We were considering the "3 Reef Snorkel By Boat" but wanted to verify that the life vests they have would be large enough for him.

Thoughts?

I assume you are referring to a snorkeling vest that is blown up if needed, not a USCG life vest. Consider buying a large vest that fits and bring it on the cruise. I needed an extension added to mine before I bought one, and the excursion did so without a problem. Doesn't mean yours would do so, of course.

Edited by Johnamac123