AC out on Triumph

Eileenfa1

I was on this cruise also. I am a Carnival fan (Platinum) and have been on the Triumph at least once a year since 2011. This was hands down the worst cruise I have had. The AC issues were ship wide. There were times it was comfortable and others were miserable. The floor was crazy slippery entering the Lido dining area on both sides the entire time. There were issues with housekeeping, the dining room, numerous elevators out of service and guest services. Sad to say I will not be going back on this ship and may have to look for another cruise line to frequent if the next trip is not much improved. :(

Thank you for the extensive explanation on how the engines work. It appears that whatever was fixed in 1999 either isn't working or something else (other than the engines as the Captain said possibly to simplify the issue and put in layman's terms) is an issue. I would think that in the next few days, more confirmations will come through as to ac being out on entire floors and other issues.

Sorry you cruise was so bad hopefully everything will soon be fixed.

Edited by gtouch

I don't know anything about generator failure. I can only repeat what the captain confirmed and what I experienced. What I meant about hauling tail is going as fast as we could...which was not very fast...and the ship shuddered nearly the entire way.

Did any cruisers try to bring out their mattress and do the camping thing?

Did any cruisers try to bring out their mattress and do the camping thing?

Not that I'm aware of, but there was a higher than normal amount of passengers sleeping on the upper decks (lido terrace and 10) on the lounge couches and deck loungers.

I was on board when the ac went out on formal night. It was pretty rough but they had it fixed within a couple of hours and the rest of our cruise was smooth sailing. Hope everything is fixed quickly. I love Triumph!

I just returned from the 4-Day on the Triumph. Talk about one of, no, THE worst cruise I have ever been on.

The AC is in fact out intermittently on the boat. The ship is currently running on ONE engine (as confirmed by the Captain) and they are rotating which floors, rooms and sections get AC. This boat was a nightmare.

After our experience I did what I should have done before and googled the ship. It is indeed what is known as the "poop cruise". It is the same ship that was stranded in the middle of the gulf not so long ago.

Full review to come in a new thread. There is a lot to be said.

I'm sorry, but the ship has several engines. Your claim of only one engine working is wrong. I'm not discounting your claim of the ship having an issue, but there is no way the ship is only on ONE engine.

I was on board when the ac went out on formal night. It was pretty rough but they had it fixed within a couple of hours and the rest of our cruise was smooth sailing. Hope everything is fixed quickly. I love Triumph!

Ironically, the AC in the dining room was not out on our formal night (Friday) but on Saturday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm sorry, but the ship has several engines. Your claim of only one engine working is wrong. I'm not discounting your claim of the ship having an issue, but there is no way the ship is only on ONE engine.

I mentioned earlier that the Captain told us they were working with one engine. Whether its the truth or an overgeneralization of the issue with the power to the AC and propellers, it is what we were told.

The point is, the AC was out variably (on rotation) in nearly every section of the boat, service was sub par as well as many other aspects of this particular cruise.

I can appreciate the express interest in facts as opposed to what the Captain just said to appease angry (hot and miserable) guests, but I don't have those facts as to what exactly was causing all of the issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was on this cruise also. I am a Carnival fan (Platinum) and have been on the Triumph at least once a year since 2011. This was hands down the worst cruise I have had. The AC issues were ship wide. There were times it was comfortable and others were miserable. The floor was crazy slippery entering the Lido dining area on both sides the entire time. There were issues with housekeeping, the dining room, numerous elevators out of service and guest services. Sad to say I will not be going back on this ship and may have to look for another cruise line to frequent if the next trip is not much improved. :(

I hope you can get some money back after this nightmare!

Were any members of the cruise critic fashion police on board? If so, did they sweat it out in their tuxes and ball room gowns shaking their heads at everyone else wearing shorts??

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

Haha, that definitely happened.

Were you the early or late seating? We were the 8:15 and on the lower level all the way in the back.

• 2 weeks later...

I will admit I was a little apprehensive about cruising Triumph after reading posts saying that Triumph was a "shed", filthy and having issues with the air conditioning. But, payment had already been made in full, so we were setting sail last Saturday whether it was a mess or not.

LOVED THE CRUISE!!! From the moment, we were on the ship, we were noticing how clean she was and what a great cruise was had by the both of us. The air worked fine everywhere. In fact, some places were outright cold.

Of course, everything is a matter of opinion, but wanted to share mine just in case someone was to read this post thinking all of the thought I had prior to boarding.

I will admit I was a little apprehensive about cruising Triumph after reading posts saying that Triumph was a "shed", filthy and having issues with the air conditioning. But, payment had already been made in full, so we were setting sail last Saturday whether it was a mess or not.

LOVED THE CRUISE!!! From the moment, we were on the ship, we were noticing how clean she was and what a great cruise was had by the both of us. The air worked fine everywhere. In fact, some places were outright cold.

Of course, everything is a matter of opinion, but wanted to share mine just in case someone was to read this post thinking all of the thought I had prior to boarding.

My cousin and his wife got off the Triumph Thursday and said the exact same thing. I asked about the A/C and they said there were no issues at all. Also said the boat was beautiful and in excellent condition.

We sailed on the triumph on August 24th for a five day cruise. When we first got on the air conditioner had some issues, but our steward brought us a box fan that made a lot of difference. By the third or fourth day they got the AC fixed. Other than that overall we had a great trip on the triumph

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk