First time on NCL Dawn

patti226

40 days until I will be sailing on NCL for the first time was hoping people could tell me a little about Dawn and what type of activities they have on her and what's not to miss. Any and all info would be great. Also dose anyone know what time they start boarding? Thanks everyone

Hi, Patti.

I'll chime in here and answer some of your questions, but I am not the expert at all there is to do on board because I usually travel with family, and we have our likes and dislikes for activities onboard, and usually stick to them.

But I can pass on information from reading all the Freestyle Dailies. By the way, reading the Freestyle Daily, the first one of which they give you as you board the ship, is the best way to find out all the activities; they have all the day's activities listed with the time/place. That is why a lot of people pack markers, to highlight the ones they choose.

They start early in the morning with some fitness classes, some free, some with an upcharge, then there's trivia, bingo, shuffleboard, basketball, golf swing netted areas, pools, hot tubs, art auctions, bingo, martini tastings, wine tastings, beer tastings, liquour tastings, bingo, murder-mystery lunch (limited attendance, so must sign up), bingo, shows every evening (NCL is known for their good shows), live music throughout the ship, bingo, ship tours, bingo, bingo, and more bingo! Just to name a few off the top of my head. They also have a library with books and games to check out if you wish. NCL offers the Chef's Table dining experience for an additional cost, and you can sign up to dine with a ship's officer. There are spa treatment specials in the Daily daily, in fact they have good specials running for port days.

DH is still sleeping, so I don't want to go get one of my latest cruise Freestyle Dailies to post more.

I see in your signature that you are a veteran cruiser, so I think you will find activities on NCL similar to other cruise lines.

Just ask questions if you have something you always look forward to doing; I should be able to check my Freestyle Daily in a bit!

Now I want to ask you a question, Patti. I see this will be your second fall-color cruise; what did you enjoy the most about your previous cruise? Did you visit some of the same ports as on this next itinerary? Were there some things you consider not-to-miss?

On my last new England cruise it was round trip out of New York, we did go to some of the same ports, what I enjoyed the most was just getting to see different places. We did mostly city and country side tours went to some city gardens and the lighthouses I really wanted to see the fall colors but the weather was crazy and the colors had not started changing when we were in Portland the temp was in the 90s I really didn't expect it to be so hot neither did the people that live there. This time I am coming out a week early renting a car and am going to go looking for the fall colors. I see that you are on the same cruise as we are.

40 days until I will be sailing on NCL for the first time was hoping people could tell me a little about Dawn and what type of activities they have on her and what's not to miss. Any and all info would be great. Also dose anyone know what time they start boarding? Thanks everyone

I like to be onboard and @ the Aft. MDR when they open @ noon.

If you are sailing Boston to Quebec DO NOT MISS the pod's of little white Buluga whales!

You can spot them @ daybreak in the mouth of the Saguenay fiords and again @ the statue on the hill if your lucky. ;)

Bring binoculars the views are fantastic.

Do find the fresh made crepe station starboard side in the buffet.

Edited by biker@sea