1st RCCL Cruise Oct 3 Sovereign of the Seas

Dovey

Hello everyone.

My husband and I will be taking our first cruise on RCCL shortly and I am really looking forward to it.

(Note: I have posted to these forums before, about 2 yrs ago when we took our Carnival Triumph cruise. I tried to sign in under my username from back then but I couldn't remember it and the administration has no record of it.)

I have always wanted to take an RCCL cruise. I became hooked on cruising with a balcony cabin though and this particular ship only recently added such cabins. However, when I started to book a balcony cabin I found that I could not rationalize the price for a 4 night cruise. So instead we booked a Superior Ocean View. I figure I could deal with it for only a 4 night cruise.

Has anyone else here had to forego their beloved balcony cabin for a cabin without a balcony? Were you just a pleased with your cruise or not?

Sincerely,

Dovey

We had a balcony on MOS and loved it. Then this past summer we took a 4 day cruise on sovereign and had an outside cabin. It was fine. It really isn't bad for a short cruise. Just think of the money you will be saving, it will cover your sea pass card at the end.

You will have a good time. Don't worry about it.

Madelyn

I agree with the above posters– for a short cruise the OV or SO cabins are fine (for us). We too cannot justify the additional cost for the balcony for a short trip. It is generally double the cost. We would rather cruise the Sovereign 2 times instead of once in a balcony cabin. HOWEVER be warned that the Sovereign cabins are VERY small. The OV cabins are 122 sq feet and the SO just slightly larger. Even the Jr. Suite is not much larger than the standard OV cabin on other ships.

We’ve taken the Sovereign several times are we are very happy with the ship. The refurb is very nice with some additional food options. We find the staff so be some of the best and friendliest.

Have a safe trip

Marci

I am trying to get my head around what the size difference will feel like. My husband is somewhat claustrophobic. He was fine with the size of the balcony cabin we had on the Carnival Triumph. I know that ship cabins always seem larger in the pictures they show but my husband doesn't really compute that. (I'm sure this is done on

purpose. If some people saw how small cabins can really be they would never cruise. The cruise lines figure, once people take and fall in love with cruising the passengers will say that their tiny cabins made no difference in their fun. I do believe it is false advertising. Giving the measurements is the cruise line's way of getting around false advertising claims regarding the pictures.)

Some people say you don't spend that much time in the cabin anyway. For a 4 night I'm sure we can deal with it. Especially since we REALLY need a vacation at this time. :)

We were on the Sovereign back in June. It was our first cruise ever and it was wonderful. We had a superior ocean view and didn't feel closed in at all. When you come back from your cruise, will you post who the captain is on the Sovereign? We sailed with Rune Loekling and are trying to figure out when he'll be on again. Have a great cruise!!

When you come back from your cruise, will you post who the captain is on the Sovereign? We sailed with Rune Loekling and are trying to figure out when he'll be on again. Have a great cruise!!

I would also be interested in who the Captain is now.

We also sailed w/ Rune Loekling, really enjoyed him.

Almost as much as Capt Johnny on the Mariner !!!

Enjoy your cruise !!!

Archived