New to PO

RubyGold

Hello,

I'll be treating mum to a 4 dayer from December 15th (me thinks) as an early Christmas pressie.

Reading on the boards here, it seems they're quite strict with enforcing the check in times.

Mum has a bit of a poorly knee that enjoys malfunctioning on the spur of the moment, although she is quite adamant that she is certainly not disabled and couldn't possibly use one of those dreadful wheely contraptions....... sigh

I've not yet received a boarding time, but am wondering if it might be wise to pre-empt any possible issues by requesting either a very early or last minute boarding time, as to not be caught up in the boarding melee.

Any thoughts on the best option? I would like to be able to have a leisurely lunch before muster briefing but I can absolutely manage without if a very late boarding means less waiting and shuffling for poor Mummy.

TIA

Just a note, I've cruised several times before on different companies, so know what to expect more or less. This is mums first, so I'd like for it to not be too stressful for her to start off with.

Arrive when you want to. When you arrive in the hall, you'll be given a letter (as opposed to a number), and you sit and wait until your letter is called. The staff don't know what time you are "supposed to arrive" so don't worry about it.

Have a lovely cruise with your mum.

Thank you!

We'll be happy if there is seating available for the waiting time, I'd hate to use some kind of priority service with the passengers that need a little more help as I wouldn't want to detract any attention from those who might need it more. We'll be quite happy to turn up and wait.

Do you know which terminal you are going from. Some have more sitting space down than others.

Also its not just the queuing to book in, the one for security can involve waiting as well,and there is no sitting between the two.

I am recovering from a foot op, that has set of the arthritis in my knee, so I do understand the not standing for too long or the leg deciding it has had enough at THAT moment.

I am trying to think of a best time. Get there early and the I must be on first brigade will probably slow things up. Coaches probably start arriving about 2pm. Cabins are ready about 2pm. If it were me I would aim for just before 2pm. By the time you get on board the cabins will be ready so you can put your hand luggage in there, then head off to the buffet for lunch ,which may be quieter as the first on board brigade would have eaten and gone off to their cabins.

I do hope things work ok and your mum loves her early Christmas pressie.

I would love to get my mum on board ,but she absolutely refuses to consider any sort of cruise.

Arrive when you want to. When you arrive in the hall, you'll be given a letter (as opposed to a number), and you sit and wait until your letter is called. The staff don't know what time you are "supposed to arrive" so don't worry about it.

Have a lovely cruise with your mum.

Yes, agreed, arrive when YOU and your MUM are ready especially as your Mum has limited mobility.

Have a great cruise, and hope you have a smooth check in.

As English lady says around 2pm is a good time, also give P&O a ring and ask them for assistance for boarding they will add you to the list..

There will be lots of help just ask..[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk