Meet & Mingle while we are in Port?

We just received notice of when our Meet & Mingle party is going to be for our October 5th cruise from Honolulu to Ensenada. We believe we received the late notice due to the fact that our itinerary changed several times. Now we have 5 port days followed by 4 sea days. Our first port is on day 2 docking from noon-7pm. Our Meet & Mingle party is on Day 2 at 3:30pm. I don't understand why they would have the party then. All but a few of us who have been talking on here are doing excursions through the ship and the others have excursions booked on their own, so most likely no one will attend. Is there a way to reschedule with someone from RCL?

We all really wanted to go and since we don't dock until noon, why could we not have it at 10am or something? I guess I don't know why RCL would want to go through the trouble of setting something up and then have no one show up. We also think M&M parties are a great idea and would hate RCL to think that it isn't worth their time to set them up.

Has anyone else had this happen to them? Is there anything we can do? We had planned on meeting together outside of the M&M anyways, but I don't think RCL should set stuff up (even if it is a really small something) for no one…. That's not good.

TIA,

WBC

Archived