Regal - Cabins E-626/628/627/629 ???

Harley0711

I have booked 'Guarantee' BY category - obstructed view - not real worried about it - However, in looking at the 8 cabins in the BY category - 4 of them have upper bunks that can drop/fold down. I have only seen this on one other ship and the people in that cabin were at our table and said the UPPERS sucked and got in their way???? Well, the Regal is a new ship... anybody here stay in either of these cabins and can give a report??? Only two of us and knowing my luck, LOL< I will draw one of these

I have booked 'Guarantee' BY category - obstructed view - not real worried about it - However, in looking at the 8 cabins in the BY category - 4 of them have upper bunks that can drop/fold down. I have only seen this on one other ship and the people in that cabin were at our table and said the UPPERS sucked and got in their way???? Well, the Regal is a new ship... anybody here stay in either of these cabins and can give a report??? Only two of us and knowing my luck, LOL< I will draw one of these

If there is only 2 of you why would it bother you?

Because on most of the other ships, in oceanview and inside cabins, the upper berths are mounted on the walls, not lodged in the ceiling, and so are in the way even when not in use.

OP, that won't be the case in your cabin. Balcony cabins always have the extra berths that drop down out of the ceiling; you won't even know they're there.

Because on most of the other ships, in oceanview and inside cabins, the upper berths are mounted on the walls, not lodged in the ceiling, and so are in the way even when not in use.

OP, that won't be the case in your cabin. Balcony cabins always have the extra berths that drop down out of the ceiling; you won't even know they're there.

Really?? We are Elite and have booked 16 cabins and if they were in the ceiling then I have never seen them???

because (unless they are hidden in the ceiling - they will be in the way and as with our last table mates - uppers were not all that secure and made noise.. I do realize that this is a NEW ship and it can all be very different...

Really?? We are Elite and have booked 16 cabins and if they were in the ceiling then I have never seen them???

Yes, really. I have no idea what 16 cabins you have had (or why your being Elite matters. Does that mean you won't take the word of a lowly Platinum?), if those 16 were all rated for more than 2 people or why you didn't notice the bunk outlines in the ceiling. I am simply telling you what I know to be true. I even found this photo, which perhaps you'll believe:

gp_bb_balcony_photo_lg.jpg

Balcony cabins always have the extra berths that drop down out of the ceiling; you won't even know they're there.

relax, I only said elite to show I am not new to cruising but if they are ALL in the ceilings then I guess I missed that memo, lol

You point out that the ALL balcony cabins that have them in the ceiling and those cabins are rated for more than 2 people,,, is it possible that I have Not been in a 4 rated cabin??? must be, lol

I take your word

We are booked in a guarantee "BY" or better on the Regal and I am wondering what the obstruction is and to this point haven't been able to find out. A call to Princess was no help as they said it could be many things. Like you said there are only 8 cabins on the Regal in BY category, all in the same area next to one another so what is the obstruction. If there is anyone that has been in one of these cabins your input would be most appreciated.

We are booked in a guarantee "BY" or better on the Regal and I am wondering what the obstruction is and to this point haven't been able to find out. A call to Princess was no help as they said it could be many things. Like you said there are only 8 cabins on the Regal in BY category, all in the same area next to one another so what is the obstruction. If there is anyone that has been in one of these cabins your input would be most appreciated.

Drog - In my searching from previous cruises I found a great post here on CC that helps a LOT with what -obstructed views on certain ships are like.. I will post those below plus a video of the Royal Princess - sister to the Regal - you can see your BY cabins.. Like you found - there are 8 BY - I found

that in 6 of them 628/29/30/31 - the 'obstruction is only a dark/black? metal divider in the slider door (link will show this) in Cabins 626/627 there is Only part of a life boat - for ME all 8 cabins are very workable and I am fine with that

And as pointed out to me, lol - the 4 cabins that are adjustable for 4 people - the drop down beds are located in the ceiling - which is another (No bid deal)

Take a look at these links... if you like - contact me off line here at the email below and you and I can share our 'findings' with each other.

Video

https://85dfc850-a-62cb3a1a-s-sites.googlegroups.com/site/royalregalprincess/home/8-emerald/Royal%20cabins%201b.jpg?attachauth=ANoY7cofcJfmxSkduxWBcwvA3dKdY4IjUyF_jqpeGgukTg9aSLAThNLk6Ui3z4NzJaMTs8VHgUbju5CQw-LzRqQmbz7PFZGjiuWO75LNdY1JS9a3zcP8qrk9nHmP-WZuFhhZsmJUKvz9G9zp9QiP3CuxZXVTSBkd-ydaZtf-f-9K1I0E2MsKt4LkDVlCy__vOBt68pHGi7ROFS5ypqWlTPpMX7kc7Rdb1ERXjPCKVl1ixYZOUxHwO2z4gfDb6hQ_MV6ZMRKgVjmA&attredirects=1

https://sites.google.com/site/royalregalprincess/home/8-emerald

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the response everyone but it looks like a non issue for us now as we have been assigned a standard balcony cabin on the Dolphin Deck.