Summit In Room Hairdryer -- Awful

soxfan2013

It's funny...I'm not making a big deal about the fact that the hair dryers are ineffective, just pointing it out.

Most people seem to agree that the hair dryers stink...my experience is that an effective hair dryer is sort of baseline for a reasonably good hospitality company. Hair dryers are pretty bulky...I'm sure many people would prefer to not have to travel with one. Obviously, in the case of Celebrity, that's not an option, and good to know for the future.

Surprising that so many seem people to be making excuses for Celebrity in regards to such a basic standard item.

My wifester works for Hyatt Hotels, just back from overnights in St Louis and Pittsburg. Even I was glad she brought her own!

Back in the day :D when they had better ones in the rooms, they kept walking away:eek: Who would think that people would steal the stupid hair driers? But they do, and still take the cheap cruddy one.

We have sailed on 7 diff lines over the last 25 years, and have yet to have a quality unit on any sailing.

Not making excuses, just an understanding of reality.

Surprising that so many seem people to be making excuses for Celebrity in regards to such a basic standard item.

I have stayed in Peninsula, Four Seasons, Shangi-La and Ritz-Carlton hotels all over the world (along with plenty of Westins, Holiday Inns and even a Motel 6), and cruised with several different cruise lines, and I have yet to find a single one that has a salon quality hair dryer like what I use at home. I am not making excuses for Celebrity, but rather stating that if you are that picky about the quality of the hair dryer you use then bring your own.

I travel extensively and while I agree the Celebrity dryers are lacking I disagree OP that a decent hairdryer is baseline at higher end places...not true in fact might be the opposite of true. Death, taxes and bad hotel hair dryers are constants :-) I bring my own to avoid the later nothing I can do to avoid the first two!