Day's Inn and Suites, Galveston, TX

BonTexasNY

Our family of three stayed at the Days Inn last year (we were going on Carnival Magic's New Year's week cruise , ending in Jan. 2015.) It was a little tricky to find the parking entrance and lot (it is behind another hotel) but once we found it, the hotel was fine.

We had a room on one of the upper floors. While the furniture was rather spartan, the room itself was huge and very long, and yes, I remember it being very clean. I don't recall seeing any bugs, either. The continental breakfast was nothing elaborate, but it was fine, too. The usual elements - Belgian waffles, pastries, cereal, etc.

I would stay there again if we were leaving on a cruise out of Galveston, but our last cruise and our next cruise are both out of New Orleans, so it is not an issue for us any time soon.

Edited by sushitex

• 4 weeks later...

We stayed here pre-cruise on September 12th, 2015. The hotel was clean enough, but when we arrived at 5:30 p.m., our room was not ready yet. We waited outside the room while housecleaning cleaned other rooms in the vicinity. We waited almost 30 minutes when one of the housecleaning crew asked what was going on. She called downstairs and got us another room that was already clean. I had to go exchange keys but we finally got in the clean room. Not what you want after a 7.5 hour drive! Took about 15 minutes to drive to the port the next morning & they do have a shuttle if needed.

We stayed here pre-cruise on September 12th, 2015. The hotel was clean enough, but when we arrived at 5:30 p.m., our room was not ready yet. We waited outside the room while housecleaning cleaned other rooms in the vicinity. We waited almost 30 minutes when one of the housecleaning crew asked what was going on. She called downstairs and got us another room that was already clean. I had to go exchange keys but we finally got in the clean room. Not what you want after a 7.5 hour drive! Took about 15 minutes to drive to the port the next morning & they do have a shuttle if needed.

Thank you for sharing that. We are planning to stay there in April. I will try to remember to let them know when we will arrive and see it that helps.