Princess Pelicans & Port Days

jchris1230

On the website is says they are open 8-5 on port days. So they are not open port day nights? Website is not clear so I wanted to ask people who have sailed recently.

Thank You

It's been a while since my daughter was in Pelicans (so hopefully you'll get more recent info verified), but I'm guessing they only mention the day time info because most of of the time (I think), the ship usually will sail by 5 or 6.

I have never heard of the kids' program rooms not open on evenings (7 to 10) whether it was a port or a sea day.

On the website is says they are open 8-5 on port days. So they are not open port day nights? Website is not clear so I wanted to ask people who have sailed recently.

Thank You

I don't remember precisely, but I do know the kids have done port days on the ship, and I don't remember them being with us after dinner. (We seriously can't keep them out of the place. :)) I imagine the 8-5 hours refer to the port day activities exclusively, helping people to plan excursions, etc.

Thank You

You must reserve a slot for those hours on port days and they usually work with a reduced staff. After 6 or 7 pm, it is business as usual.

I think the 8am to 5pm on Port Days refers to the "Lock In" period when they will not permit children to sign themselves out. The younger ones are not permitted to self-sign in/out anyway but there is a discretionary self signing group; as authorised by parents and an older group who are entitled to sign in/out as a member of the club. No children are allowed to sign themselves out on port days while the ship is in port. This is because some parents will have gone ashore and left the children in the club under the care of the staff. The staff will take them down for lunch and back to the club as needed during the day time period.

During the evening after the ship has left port the club will revert to a normal routine with standard signing in/out privileges as set up at the beginning of the cruise during registration. The evening runs to about 10pm? but then an extra hour after that is possible but it costs something like $10.00.

Regards John