Mexican Riveria Question

JRGAPI

We went in February. The weather was excellent and our cruise was great. Many were surprised by the large number of children on board. On the east coast most schools are closed for President's Week. We went with children, so it was ok with us. April also has a larger number of children, Spring Break. I am a teacher and only get to travel during these times.

We are looking into taking the Carnival Mexican Riveria cruise in 2006.

Which of the following months would be the best and why? January;

February; March or April.

I appreciate your feedback.

JR

We did the Mexican Riveria on Jan. 31st, '05 and we loved it! :D The weather then is great, not too hot in the ports, but very cool in LA & Long Beach and the first and last day at sea.:( Maybe late March would be better if you would prefer.:rolleyes: Although I think the prices are higher for that time frame. Be sure and take the Serria Madre Mtn. (spelling):confused: tour if you want to really see interior Mexico.

Happy cruising!;)

Luv's Crusin'

We did Pride in late March. We loved it, but like the previous poster, we had very cool weather in Long Beach and on the first and last sea days. The weather in each of the 3 Mexican Riviera ports was gorgeous. There were lots of kids on our cruise, including our own 2 teens. Late March is spring break for lots of schools, including ours in Oregon. April might be a little warmer, but is also spring break for lots of folks. We didn't find the kids onboard to be disruptive in any way, though. Good luck!

All those months have really nice weather. However, the earlier in the year, the more chance of rain. The last time I was in Cancun was in February. The weather was very nice, we only had 2 days with rain. But it is quite cooler in the early months. I would say it was in the low to mid 70's. I much prefer cancun when its hot. I love it in May and June. If It were me I'd go in March, not quite the busy spring break season, when the weather is getting warmer.

We've spent the past two winter breaks in Playacar at all-inclusives (so this year, something new ... a cruise with our teenaged daughters!). We've gone over New Years and in mid-Feb and the weather has been wonderful! At both times, we had one rain (and believe me, the skies open and you're soaked!) but otherwise, the weather was upper 80's day and mid to upper 60's at night.

As for excursions, I am a big fan of Xel-ha... great snorkeling and the all-inclusive package is really quite nice... food and drinks were really good. The snorkeling is wonderful too... several small caves and lots and lots of fish!

Enjoy!

I've heard good and bad for all the months, it always depends on Mother Nature!

We are on the Spirit 8-day on 3/8/06, the college where I take night classes is on break the following week (Always includes St. Patrick's Day), so it works out good for us.

It seems we have the ship all tothe four of us, so far nobody's replied to my roll call! Would be happy to meet you JR!

Kathy

The first and last days at sea will be cold and breezy. I have only done the 7 day'er twice, one at the end of June, the other the first week of July. That's how it was, both times. I can't see how it would be better any other time of the year.

FWIW, I grew up in SoCal, even spent a few years in Long Beach, living a couple of miles away from where the Pride sails-it can can get cold near the ocean.Forget the temps- add a breeze and some fog and it is pretty cool.

I always wore my wet suit when surfing (a bit north at Zuma), but when winter came, the beach was deserted, just too cold. You'll notice this by the uh, short line for the water slide.

Once you get past Cabo, things do warm up though.

My gripe is that CA cruises are pretty darn pricey. Get a good deal on air fare and a carribean cruise is still cheaper.I could drive down there in a day, but it is still cheaper for me to fly across the country to FL.

I did do the Sierra Madre tour once and that was a nice tour to do if you don't know what to do in Mazatlan.

Archived