Christmas/Holiday decor question

gandh621

We will be sailing on Allure, the week of December 13-20.

I have a two questions.

First - I know the ship will be decorated, but do they do the snowfall and caroling in the promenade this far in advance?

- Will people have their cabin doors & cabins decorated the week we are on there?

Basically, will it feel festive and holiday-like the week prior to Christmas?

Thanks!:D

Holly

We cruised in December (2010 & 2012) on Freedom and Voyager and they were decorated with boughs of pine and a LARGE Christmas tree on the promenade, oh and big potted poinsettias. There were also Gingerbread houses displayed. Some people decorated their doors. I don't think there was any caroling at all. It did feel festive though.

We will be sailing on Allure, the week of December 13-20.

I have a two questions.

First - I know the ship will be decorated, but do they do the snowfall and caroling in the promenade this far in advance?

- Will people have their cabin doors & cabins decorated the week we are on there?

Basically, will it feel festive and holiday-like the week prior to Christmas?

Thanks!:D

Holly

Yes the ship will be decorated and festive. I bring a mini tree and holiday cling ons for the cabin. Last year the cabin steward threw away my 15 year old Christmas cabin door hanging. I usually hang a stocking full of candy canes on my door handle for the crew. I keep a few of the mini canes in my pocket and hand them off with tips. We are doing a b2b this year so I think I will bring some Christmas wrap that folds flat and put on outside of the door with magnets. BTW, we just booked the same sailing as you. We would love you to join us over on the roll call http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2185574

I hope to do another December cruise ... it was so much fun and we had a great time decorating. The ship had the tree up in the Centrum and plenty of decorations throughout ... and they kept adding to it during our cruise (Dec. 14-24). Not much in the dining room though, which I felt a bit surprised at ... so we took our little fiber optic tree down the last three evenings for a centerpiece during dinner ... it was quite the hit!

ChristmastimeCruise011_zps24c70e8f.jpg

ChristmastimeCruise035_zpsed479a66.jpg

ChristmastimeCruise040_zps3c200c5c.jpg

Thanks for the responses everyone!

So, I am definitely going to pack wrapping paper for the door and our small tree with battery lights (and other decorations) for the cabin. We can't wait!!! I can't wait to see the promenade with a huge tree in it. It will be soooo beautiful. :D

DH and I love to walk around the ship through the cabin areas and look at all the decorations and door decor lol.

On our Christmas cruise last year they had a door decorating contest from the ship. Not sure what the winner got, but there were some beautiful entries!!!

See you on the roll call!

Holly :)

To fix the wrapping paper to the door, I bought two 30-inch self-adhesive magnetic strips and cut them into one-inch pieces. If you have a JS, the doors are wider and I needed to tape a strip of paper all along the side of the wrapping paper to make it wide enough. Balcony and below doors are narrow enough that standard wrapping paper should be wide enough.