ROME HOTELS & MORE

GOLFMAN 33

HELP HELP!!!:confused:

JUST GOT OFF THE T/A ON THE CONNIE. TO ALL OF YOU WITH US, WE HAD A BLAST.

NEED HELP NOW. BOOKED A CRUISE ROME/ROME TO GREECE & TURKEY. CAN ANYONE RECOMMEND A NICE HOTEL IN ROME FOR ONE OR TWO NIGHTS IN A LOCALE THAT'S EASY TO SEE THE SIGHTS. NOT EXPENSIVE THOUGH. ALSO, HAS ANYONE GOTTEN TO THE SHIP WITHOUT TAKING THE CELEBRITY SHUTTLE FROM ROME. THEY WANT $170 p/p WITH LOTS OF RESTRICTIONS, (FROM THE AIRPORT ONLY ETC.), ANY AID WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED. FOR THOUGH OF YOU THAT DON'T RECOGNIZE GOLFMAN33 IT'S THE MATE TO TWOJERSEYGIRL.

STILL IN N.J. HOME TOMORROW. WE THINK ABOUT ALL OF YOU DAILY.

THANKS FOR THE HELP XOXOXOX

Hi Golfman

DH Peter and I were with you on the Transatlantic cruise. We were also on the Galaxy Transatlantic from Baltimore to Rome last Spring. Elmel (Elissa and Hal), who were on both the Galaxy last year and Constellation Transatlantic this year, found this gem for us to stay at in Rome.

The Hotel Napoleon is a 4 star hotel with reasonable rates (I believe a double is 160 Euros and a triple, 180 Euros per night). Included in that rate is a full buffet breakfast which offered cereals, fresh fruit, fruit cocktail, yogurt, sweet rolls, dinner rolls, sliced meats and cheeses, omelettes (not made to order though), toast, juices, tea, coffee etc. The hotel restaurant offers great lunches and dinners at prices slightly lower than local area restaurants, and it offers glasses of dessert wine and biscotti with their compliments at the end of the dinner.

The hotel is tastefully furnished but is not glitzy. There is a terrific lounge for guests on the second floor - it has several sofas and comfortable chairs, a large TV and a computer with free access to email and the Internet. Guest rooms are air conditioned, clean and comfortable, and include a small bar fridge.

There is a Metro stop right out front of the hotel, a very pretty park across the street and an inexpensive grocery store nearby. Hotel staff were always helpful in getting taxis, providing directions to various sites, and recommending local restaurants.

We enjoyed our stay and I highly recommend the Hotel Napoleon. You can check out the hotel at its website: http://www.napoleon.it. I was corresponding with Mr. Domenico Nelli, the Assistant Manager. If you're interested, you can contact him directly at infobook@napoleon.it

Bev

GOLFMAN33: We were on the 5/23/2005 Galaxy/ Rome / Mykonos/ Rhodes / Santorini / Istanbul / Kusadasi / Athens / Naples / Rome cruise. Of 9 cruises (3 European (2 Med/1 Baltic), 1 TA, and 5 Caribbean), it was our best cruise. Wow! A real delight for lovers of ancient history.

We stayed 2 nights pre-cruise in Hotel Aberdeen, close to the train station, Diocletian Baths, and National Museum of Rome. It was probably around a 20-minute walk to the Roman Forum and the same to Trevi Fountain. Rick Steves (famous travel writer/TV series) recommended this 3* hotel. We paid 130 Euros per night for a medium/large room with bath, buffet breakfast, Internet access, safe in room, and security at front desk. We really liked the hotel and plan to stay there the next time we stay in Rome. E-mail for Hotel Aberdeen is hotel.aberdeen@travel.it

We hired “Limo in Rome” with Claudio Caponera for the transfer to Civitavecchia. It cost 400 Euros for 4 of us, which included a trip to Orvieto and Civita di Bagnoreggio and the transfer to Civitavecchia. We highly recommend Claudio and enjoyed both towns in route. Claudio’s information is as follows:

Claudio Caponera

www.limoinrome.com

claudio@limoinrome.com

Next September we are booked for the Century Barcelona, Cartagena, Corsica, Malta, Sicily (2 days), Rome, and Naples cruise. We just love the Mediterranean!

Kathy

Hi again

We also booked with Claudio Caponera. We started booking for us and a couple of family members, and ended up up booking a bus through him for 39 CC members to transfer from the ship into Rome.

Claudio is a gentleman; he will respond to your emails promptly and there is no problem in putting your trust in him. He will do his utmost for you. And his rates are fair.

Bev

There are several hotels I really enjoy in Rome.

First choice would be the Grande Hotel de la Minerve, if you can get a decent rate. If not, the Del Senato around the corner is very nice. This is the very best part of Rome to stay in, IME. I have stayed in the area at least a dozen times.

I also recommen the Capo D'Africa, very nice and well located. Great breakfst room overlooking the Colosseum.

Personally, I would avoid the area around the train station; there are much nicer parts of Rome to call home.

Two years ago I started a 10-day Mediterranean cruise in Rome, and had Max Leotta as my driver/guide who, after a marvelous exploration of Rome, took me to my ship at Civitavecchia.

My hotel had arranged a private driver to bring me from the airport to my hotel. He was okay, but only just okay; I learned the next day, from Max, that he could have brought me in from the airport for the same price -- and I would have had a grand tour with explanations on that drive too (the driver I had just drove, as I gawked and wondered what I was seeing).

HIGHLY recommended! Here's his web site.

http://www.Romelimousineservice.com/

If I can locate my hotel info, I'll add that later. It was a very well located hotel near the coliseum, and very reasonable.

We (6 of us) are departing on Galaxy from Rome on 10/7. I have booked rooms at Hotel Luxor for both the night before departure & the night of return. Price is about $165 (140 euros) per room. I found this hotel through Romeby.com which offers a huge selection of possibilities by price & location. Luxor is in the Via Veneto district which is where so many of the most commonly desired tourist sites are located. I would also suggest you vist Tripadvisor.com for reviews of various hotels by folks who have stayed there. This site helped me make up my mind about the Luxor & made me decide against one hotel where I was planning on staying.

Best to you

Bill

HELP HELP!!!:confused:

JUST GOT OFF THE T/A ON THE CONNIE. TO ALL OF YOU WITH US, WE HAD A BLAST.

NEED HELP NOW. BOOKED A CRUISE ROME/ROME TO GREECE & TURKEY. CAN ANYONE RECOMMEND A NICE HOTEL IN ROME FOR ONE OR TWO NIGHTS IN A LOCALE THAT'S EASY TO SEE THE SIGHTS. NOT EXPENSIVE THOUGH. ALSO, HAS ANYONE GOTTEN TO THE SHIP WITHOUT TAKING THE CELEBRITY SHUTTLE FROM ROME. THEY WANT $170 p/p WITH LOTS OF RESTRICTIONS, (FROM THE AIRPORT ONLY ETC.), ANY AID WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED. FOR THOUGH OF YOU THAT DON'T RECOGNIZE GOLFMAN33 IT'S THE MATE TO TWOJERSEYGIRL.

STILL IN N.J. HOME TOMORROW. WE THINK ABOUT ALL OF YOU DAILY.

THANKS FOR THE HELP XOXOXOX

Golfman for transportation I would suggest you try this web site www.romelimousines.com

We will be using this firm for both transportation from the Rome airport into town as well as from Rome to Civitiveccia for the ship. There are 6 of us & the price from the airport is 86 Euros for all. The price from Rome to Civitiveccia for all 6 is 229 Euros. We have also engaged them for a 3 hour tour of Rome comiong in from the Airport. They are an English based site with offices in the US as well.

Hope this helps

Bill

Archived