Playa Azul Beach Club or other beach club near downtown?

anonmom

I've read mixed reviews of this place. Some report that it is popular with locals, has decently authentic food, etc. Others say it is just like all the other beach clubs, mostly Tex Mex and tourists.

What is the real situation? Looking for a place that is close to Punta Langosta, has a nice little beach and some OK snorkeling. Prefer more of a local vibe, with fresh food. Nothing AI, because we have UBP on the ship, so we'll need at least a small break from the drinking.

Would Buccanos be better? Any other recommendations?

It will be me and my boyfriend (in our 30s) and our daughter (turns 5 a month after cruise). None of us have ever snorkeled before, so we want to try somewhere easy. My daughter is comfortable in the water but doesn't swim on her own yet. So I don't want to do boat snorkeling, just something from the shore. We don't care about seeing "the best" snorkeling. I am aware that the southern reefs are way better, but I don't want to do a long tour, just a quick taste.