Just back from 9/7 Equinox Barcelona-Istanbul

plan09

We (mom and I) had an amazing time!

The service, food, ports, and entertainment were top notch. I made more than enough use of the beverage package:)

I will write a full review and post about the different ports.

Thanks for all of the information here, if anyone has questions let me know. We boarded late due to the norovirus cleaning but other than not self-serving at the buffet for the first few days there was no evidence of issues.

One thing that did surprise me (and others) was that our passports (non-EU) were taken at check-in and we picked them up prior to our arrival in Istanbul. I know there is always debate over taking passports to ports.

if anyone has questions let me know. .

It is nice to read that you had a great time.

Would you perhaps have the "in The Spotlight" summary of the senior officers on board.

We will be on Equinox in November and we are always interested in seeing with whom we have cruised before.

How was the entertainment?

Thanks

It is nice to read that you had a great time.

Would you perhaps have the "in The Spotlight" summary of the senior officers on board.

We will be on Equinox in November and we are always interested in seeing with whom we have cruised before.

How was the entertainment?

Thanks

Arno,

Yes, we went to every show, mom doesn't miss any entertainment.

In order of our favorites: Jon Courtney, Steve Lawson, Toni Warne, Analiza Ching. The "Beatles" were also good and the Celebrity cast did a lot. I had low to no expectations about the entertainment but it was really good.

I will look for the Spotlight. I know Eddie was the CD.

Greece is one of several countries that demands physical examination of passports. No idea why. Falklands Islands does the same. Sure there are others. I always take a COPY of my passport with me when I get off at a port. NEVER my passport or original of drivers license. A copy works just fine for re boarding and eliminates any possibility of replacement issues.

You do not want to even think about the difficulty of replacing a passport while cruising.