Transfers To Ship Via Rome

GOLFMAN 33

GOT SOME GOOD HOTEL INFO IN ROME THANKS ALL. BUT, I NEED SOMEMORE HELP IN WAYS TO GET TO THE SHIP INSTEAD OF TAKING THE HOTEL PACKAGE WITH TRANSFERS. IT SEEMS THAT A PICK-UP/TRANSFER IS ONLY AVAILABLE FROM ROME (IF YOU BOOK THEIR HOTEL), OTHERWISE IT'S ONLY FROM THE AIRPORT.

ANY EXPERIENCE WITH THIS?:confused:

GOLFMAN 33 HERB

If you have enough people on your rollcall look into chartering a bus. Someone on our rollcall for the Galaxy TA next month did it for us. It will have two pick up stops in Rome and the price per person is less than 10 euros! That's way better than anything else you'll find. If you're interested I can find out the information on who he is using. I think there are around 40 of us on the bus. The price to charter it was approximately 350 euros, which when you break it down per person isn't bad.

Terri

You can arrange a private car to take you from any point in Rome to and from the pier. I just did the 11 day Galaxy Med cruise and I uses Bob's Limo service. Their web site is www.romelimousines.com The charge for a private Mercedes from a hotel in Rome to the pier is 150 Euros. There are other limo companies in Rome thar charge similar prices. Celebrity charges 80 p.p. each way for a transfer so the private car is a good deal.

Two years ago I started a 10-day Mediterranean cruise in Rome, and had Max Leotta as my driver/guide who, after a marvelous exploration of Rome, took me to my ship at Civitavecchia.

My hotel had arranged a private driver to bring me from the airport to my hotel. He was okay, but only just okay; I learned the next day, from Max, that he could have brought me in from the airport for the same price -- and I would have had a grand tour with explanations on that drive too (the driver I had just drove, as I gawked and wondered what I was seeing).

HIGHLY recommended! Here's his web site.

http://www.Romelimousineservice.com/

You also may take the train from Rome to Civittavechia. You have a train each hour and lasts less than 1 hour. In Civittavecchia rail station you may take a taxi which will cost you only a few euros in case you will not want to walk to the port entrance and then take the shuttle bus (I would not advise you due to the luggage but otherwise).

Another company that is very good and reliable is http://www.driverinrome.com/ . We used them both for touring pre-cruise and for the transfer. As with the other companies, it won't be economical for 2. You need at least 4. We had 14 and it cost about $30 p/p which was about half what a cruiseline transfer would have been.

We happened to stay at the same hotel Celebrity was using and we asked out of curiousity. Our van left about an hour before they did.

Teedee::)

Thanks For Your Response. Yes, I'd Like The Name Of The Company You Used & Anyother Info You Have. It's Never To Early To Start.

Golfman 33 Herb

Golfman - I left a message for the guy who set it up for us on my upcoming cruise - I'm leaving for Rome two weeks from today!! He may have left already, a lot of the folks on this cruise are doing land vacations first. Anyway, I'll get the information to you as soon as I can, but it might not be until I get back.

Terri

Archived