Oasis Review - September 19th 2015 - Eastern Caribbean

Deptacon

Y'all didn't try the Flowriders? Looks like you had a great cruise :)

I have meant too on 3 cruises now, never do... Maybe its the notion of standing in line to bust my ass....

In 6 weeks we cruise with my parents and i am sure my dad will want to try it so i will then

I have meant too on 3 cruises now, never do... Maybe its the notion of standing in line to bust my ass....

In 6 weeks we cruise with my parents and i am sure my dad will want to try it so i will then

Go early in the morning on the first sea day, that is the best time to try if you have never done it before. Some say the Navigator does not have "advanced stand-up" in the morning so it will just be stand-up surfing. Once you catch on, it's a blast.

That is why we will only sail on ships with a Flowrider, so we can ride and we even bring our own boards :D

Go early in the morning on the first sea day, that is the best time to try if you have never done it before. Some say the Navigator does not have "advanced stand-up" in the morning so it will just be stand-up surfing. Once you catch on, it's a blast.

That is why we will only sail on ships with a Flowrider, so we can ride and we even bring our own boards :D

Thanks for the pointer, will try it out this way.

I also was on this same cruise. We were told that there were 6200 passengers on this sailing. I suspect that is why service in the MDR was pathetically slow the first night. It got better during the week.

I agree that CATS is simply too long. We left at intermission, and were told that most of the others did too.

I agree that SABOR is great. I also agree that the $20 sampler was enough to feed my wife and I at lunch.

Disembarking sucked - bad. 90 minutes.

I have cruised many time (40+) and this was one of the worst disembarking experiences I have had.

The diamond lounge was nice before/after dinner and also in the morning. \

For the person who asked, I was on the flowrider plenty.

http://oi58.tinypic.com/yngn5.jpg

They have the same restrictions as they have had for the past couple years with regard to most tricks not being allowed on the boogie board.

They do have a new line system in place for the boogie boards. Rather than allowing you to stand INSIDE the rail as they have for the past several years, the line now is on the other side of the rail. If you look in the above picture I linked, you can see a kid rubbing his face...well that kid is at the end of the line.

DEPTACOM, you took wonderful pictures. May I ask what camera you use? Thank you!

Brenda

Umm...underwater was a GoPro Hero 3+ Black Edition with SRP Filter. Everything else....iPhone 5S :D

Edited by Deptacon

Big Pluses

Solarium - Love the Oasis Solarium, but the pool is way too small in it

Keep an eye out for Harmony reviews. I agree completely with the statement above, calling it a birdbath rather than a pool. One of the early concept drawings for the 3rd Oasis class shows a much improved pool. That is one thing I will be watching for in further reviews.

I'm soon going on my 3rd cruise on this class, so while disagreeing with a few points, I'd have to say good job on the report.

Edited by BillOh

Thanks so much for the awesome review!

While we absolutely love Oasis class and all it has to offer, I do agree that it's very crowded and no jsut near the elevators. We've been on her and her sister Allure 4 times now and this last one in August just seemed over the top. Sure, there are times and places when crowds weren't an issue but overall I think it's a very crowded ship. The pools are an absolute nightmare on sea days.

I'm still fairly young (late 30's) and have kids but this last time just got a bit annoying. We will likely still sail this class just because of the offerings but need to prepare ourselves mentally for the crowds (and the rudeness of so many passengers).

Who was the barman in the Cigars under the stars bar ? we went on oasis for our honeymoon in 2010, spent most nights up there with some crowd, best craic ever.

Dont recall.... It was more like "every smoker on the boat" and not reallly cigars under the stats

Awesome review!!!

I can't wait to sail her!! I am not too bad with crowds but my DH dislikes big time. Hope it's not too bad for us!! We never take elevators on a cruise that is one of our rules :) so at least don't have to worry about crowds there.