Not a Newbie but Some Questions

MrsMuir

For what it's worth, my cabinmate and I have the same booking number.

Thanks to all who replied with helpful answers and bon voyage wishes. It will be exciting to watch my friend's reactions to her first voyage. The husbands are making their own plans to go camping while we're gone.

Mrs M

Thanks to all who replied with helpful answers and bon voyage wishes. It will be exciting to watch my friend's reactions to her first voyage. The husbands are making their own plans to go camping while we're gone.

Mrs M

Hmm, cruise vs camping... I know which I'd prefer! ;)

When our friends took their first cruise (many years and many cruises ago), they asked us to go with them because we "know how to cruise." It was fun introducing them to a whole new world of travel. I'm sure it will be fun for you, too.

Don't worry about the embarkation lunch. If the dining room is open, it's open to everyone, at least it was on our recent cruise. It was listed in "On Location," so it wasn't restricted in any way.

As for the Mariner Brunch, on my last two cruises they had two sittings. The second sitting had empty seats, especially on my most recent cruise where we could see whole tables set for lunch, but no passengers. So if your friend doesn't get an invitation, ask at the front desk, and if they say no, ask at the podium on the day. I think the whole point of HAL's policy of giving both people in the cabin the perks of the higher-star cruiser is to avoid awkward situations where one is invited to an event and the other isn't. But like so many things, what happens onboard isn't always according to stated policy.

Mrs M

Terrific...:) Now that that is settled, your Friend should also be invited to the Mariner's Lunch per HAL's FAQ's ..

It's so nice to be able to introduce newbies to cruising..Hope you & your Friend have a lovely cruise..