These shoes were made for walking....

buggins0402

Also take a look at Naot. Zappos is a good source for current styles (well over 400 to choose from.) I can't wear Keens, but have comfortably walked on cobbles all over Europe in my Naots. For summer cruises in Europe I like the Wolky Jewel sandal - not too casual, super adjustable and a great sole for cobbles. 6 PM is a good web site for discounted quality shoes, featuring Zappos closeouts for shoes and clothing.

If you Google Naot shoes and spend some time on the Naot website learning about the various footbeds and fits, it is easier to order online with some degree of confidence on fit.

I am constantly amazed at how some women can negotiate cobblestone streets in heels, but for me - an attractive comfort shoe is the best choice. Naot shoes have some style and are very well made.

Anyone have some recommendations for a good shoe, that will handle cobblestones of Europe, over many miles? Will be worn with jeans. Trip will be in November...so could get cool and wet (Seville and Madrid). Aiming for brown.

Also, need a black dressier flat that has enough support to perhaps walk comfortably some distance to dinner.

I'm not much of a shopper or fashionista, but want to look nice and be comfortable.

We often are in Europe in November (headed there in 12 days) and I love boots. We average 8-10 miles per day. Have not been to Spain that time of year though.

I love my Naot Chi ankle boots. Lots of support, very comfortable and cute as well: http://www.zappos.com/naot-footwear-chi-black-madras-leather-black-suede?ef_id=ULsZmgAASwnyJC@G:20151109101833:s

I wore them in France (Paris and Provence) last November with temps in 50s and low 60s and they were superb!

• 2 months later...

Hi! I read all the great suggestions on this thread but would like advice as to which type of shoes to wear for a 15 night transatlantic in April leaving from MIA and ending in Rome. I looked at the Jambu website and the shoes look super comfortable but they seem more for the warmer weather. I know it won't be winter in Europe in April but from what I have read it will be cold for a South Fl native (60's)- or am I wrong??

Appreciate the suggestions:)

• 6 months later...

Bumping this thread. Since it's nearly a year old, perhaps some of you have current-season examples? I'll be in the Mediterranean (mostly Italy but other stops, too) early October, so weather should be low 70s. Thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

The Naot brand has many different "footbeds" that are designed to fit varying shapes of feet. The Naot USA website shows each footbed, its fit characteristics, and styles that share the same type of fit. Once you find a footbed that works for your foot, it is easy to determine other styles that will fit. Using this info with the Zappos website and user reviews makes buying Naots online a lot easier.

http://naot.com/

Hope this helps.:)