Rude Karaoke Hostess on Ecstasy

DJSteve552003

stealing, cheating, someone telling me to *#(@ off, someone calling me a racist word, someone laying hands on me, someone ignoring me to a ridiculous level, someone purposefully spilling something, etc.

Eye rolling, sighing, or dropping a karaoke book down is minor to me. I would probably not lodge a complaint unless it was repeated intentional behavior. I allow them to have occasional bad days. But you were within your rights to complain if you felt it was warranted.

but there is lots of room between minor and major in my book.

The new system of karaoke (no more slips, they type it in and put you in a queue on the screen) had our hostess a bit frazzled as well because it was difficult for her to type and I am sure loud listening to what people were saying while others were singing and trying to keep up with everything in real time versus being able to read slips after someone submits it.

The book wasn't "dropped." If had been, most people would have said"sorry." the book was interntionally SLAMMED on the table.

The second night of our 4 day cruise on 9/22/15 my wife & I went to Karaoke and put in a song request which was a duet and I gave the Hostess our names. She was typing in the request and then asked," do you have names?" I told her I already gave them to you but it's Nancy & Steve. I thought maybe she was having a bad night and was a little cross. The next night we got there about 10 minutes early and I saw the binders where the song selections are kept. I reached for one of the binders and she said," I'll make an anouncement when the binders are available." I went back and sat at our table. 5 minutes later she comes by our table and slams down one of the binders on our table so forcebly other people in the venu noticed it and said something to us. We promptly walked out and immediately went to guest services to file a complaint. The rep. there seemed concerned and apologized for this persons behavior. I would have thought I would have received a letter or e-mail with a follow-up. I haven't received nothing. I hadn't been on Carnival in over 15 years abd this was my wifes first Carnival cruise. Add to that, they lost one of my wifes bags and it's not likely we will return to Carnival. BTW this was my 24 cruise, 4th on Carnival. :mad:

Steve

Looking at this ship and not a lot of reviews, care to tell us about the 90% good? Would realy appreciate it . And sorry you had a bad experience at the activity you were wanting to do the most.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

Slamming the book on the table is definitely poor customer service. You got up, walked out and complained about her. I assume they apologized verbally then and I think for most people that would be enough. What could Carnival say to you in a letter? "We're sorry that our hostess slammed the book on the table" I mean, that just sounds silly. I'm sure they get much bigger complaints than that every day and they can't apologize in writing for all of them.

People are just human and those fun ship employees work about 12 hours a day and are expected to be upbeat and friendly every minute. Most of them haven't seen their families in months and they have pretty much no privacy at all the entire time they are onboard.

Her behavior is not acceptable but in my opinion it was not a big enough deal to expect an apology in writing.

Wow people!!!! This forum is just not just for the good, but also the negative.

Let the OP vent.

I would have been irked too.

Although, I probably would have had some choice words for the B right then and there....:D:D

If you work on a cruise ship, and deal with thousands of people on a daily basis, you better have a decent attitude towards them.

I have worked in Customer Service my entire life and as we all know, the customer is always right.;);)

Sorry you had to deal with her OP. However, I wouldn't let that sway you from ever cruising with Carnival again.

You were on an older, smaller ship. Try the Breeze. You won't be disappointed.

The older smaller ships seem to get the most "inexperienced" workers.

It's "clientele" and I agree with the above about what is a major incident. If what happened to you hAppened to me, I might have been annoyed but would not complain or blame an entire cruise line. But clearly, karaoke is super important to you, you should get a free cruise and that person should be fired

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk