Thomson Celebration Laundry !!!

Can anyone help me with my questions about laundry?

We are going on a Caribbean cruise on Celebration and need to keep our luggage to the levels allowed so will probably have to do some laundry.

Are the self service laundries free of charge and do we need our own detergent?

Also does anyone know if the ship does an end of cruise laundry service eg a bag full for a set price? If so how does this work and rough price!!

Thanks in advance!

Hi Katomerikaf I hope you will not hate me for saying this or think its to controversial, but you have obviously paid thousands for this Caribbean cruise and its only a few pounds more to increase your allowance by 5kg which you can share amongst your cases and don't forget once inside the airport you don't have to lift your cases again, yes I am sure you can do laundry on the ship and it will cost you and I fully understand why cruisers do it and they will provide the costs for you, but honestly would you rather be on a Caribbean beach or doing your laundry, yes I am male and retired so don't have to think about work or doing the washing when we get back but Mrs PC is with me on this. I hope I don't offend anyone with this post its just another option.

Last time we were on the Celebration, the laundry was free and detergent was also free. That was a few years ago so , knowing Anything to get your money Thomson's, the situation may have changed. Personally, I don't do laundry on holiday but that's my personal choice.

we dont do laundry either (there is just no time)

the ship have a laundry service, they dont do bags there will be a price list per item in your cabin a shirt (even a formal shirt) costs about £3 and a dinner suit about £7 (much cheaper than the dry cleaners at home) and will be back washed and perfectly pressed the next day

i get the cabin steward to do my dinner suit & shirt on the first day (formal night is usually the next day the sea day) then it gets thrown back in my case for next time

tbh you dont need too many clothes in caribbean no heavy sweats/joggers/jumpers (trust me you wont wear them it too hot) just shorts & flip flops and a dozen caribbean shirts.... the perfect garment imo, lightweight, easy to rinse out in the sink and drys in an instant, dosent need ironing:cool:

Don't remember which way round the costs are but Spirit and Celebration have same washing and ironing facilities. One is free the other is approx £3 a load, including all detergents.

The washers are quite big so you can get a lot in. Driers and irons free on both ships. Won't take you long as washers are quick.

We always travelled as a family of 4 so it was invaluable to go home with clean clothes especially when I was straight back to work after the cruise.

Don't remember which way round the costs are but Spirit and Celebration have same washing and ironing facilities. One is free the other is approx £3 a load, including all detergents.

The washers are quite big so you can get a lot in. Driers and irons free on both ships. Won't take you long as washers are quick.

We always travelled as a family of 4 so it was invaluable to go home with clean clothes especially when I was straight back to work after the cruise.

Thanks for the info - that is my problem too - going back to work and trying to get all the holiday stuff washed and dried is a bit of a nightmare, especially in the middle of winter!!;)

The washers are quite quick too, about 40 minutes. Can have a load done while you eat breakfast:).

I've probably used all laundries over the year. The one on deck 6 is good through the day as you can sit outside in the sun and just pop in now and again to check on progress.

Hope you have a great time.

hi Just back last night from celebration laundry room was on level 7 for us and there were 2 washers and 2 dryers both were free including detergent quick wash took 28 mins and dryer about the same the iron is in the same room I found it really great to do a quick wash and didnt find it any bother at all. we had a balcony and had 3 items each ironed on the first day free which was great for creased items. Enjoy your trip

• 3 weeks later...

Someone has stated that there are no 'bags of laundry' deals on Celebration.....well there were in June but I had to ask the steward about it and he just gave me the special bag and form to fill in. I think it was £12.00 for a full bag to be washed and folded, taken in the morning and returned that evening so excellent service.