Star Wars Premiere?

HappyPig

Thats weird.

Disneycruiselineblog has the Nav's for that cruise.

It shows Cinderella PremEAR'ing on 3/13 at 1:45pm and 10:30pm?

ex techie

http://disneycruiselineblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/Personal-Navigators-Magic-7N-Western-Day-6-At-Sea-20150313.pdf

ex techie

I'm beginning to rue my original post techie.

Tell me I'm wrong but the first thought that popped into my mind was this:

Stir the Pot: Someone who loves to proliferate the tension and drama in public to get a raise of people in hopes of starting a ****storm of drama and uncomfortable conflict, sometimes for personal gain but oftentimes just for the thrill of confrontation.

Stir the Pot: Someone who loves to proliferate the tension and drama in public to get a raise of people in hopes of starting a ****storm of drama and uncomfortable conflict, sometimes for personal gain but oftentimes just for the thrill of confrontation.

Here you go:

March 12, 2015 (Falmouth day) Movie PremEar at 11:01 pm in both the Walt Disney Theater and the Buena Vista Theater

332msef.jpg[/img]

I have no idea why you would wish to stir the pot and get a thrill from it? Thats on you and for you to figure out.

If that is directed at me, all I have done is a little googling.

If that upset's you, then I am deeply sorry.

ex techie

Edited by Ex techie

Here you go:

March 12, 2015 (Falmouth day) Movie PremEar at 11:01 pm in both the Walt Disney Theater and the Buena Vista Theater

332msef.jpg[/img]

And there you go, you are absolved EastTex!

They did show it the day before general release!

No need to make anything personal!

ex techie

Edited by Ex techie

If that is directed at me, all I have done is a little googling.

If that upset's you, then I am deeply sorry.

ex techie

Techie, of course it was directed at you. I'm not prolific poster but figured my input would be helpful to the original posting. I answered as best I could.

What I am certain of though, is that the movie played the day before the release. When the showing was announced they specifically made the point that we were seeing the movie the day before but since we were at sea they knew we couldn't share anything folks on land.

Bottom line is I was there and you're a googler.

I'm not upset and I don't think you're sorry. You've been within a hair's breath of calling me a liar... that's the short of it.

For HappyPig, hope you get your premier showing. It'll add icing to your cruise.

It is also worth noting that the clock's were turned FORWARD on 3/8 to observe daylight savings, but on the ship they put them back on Tuesday 3/9 2am and returned forward at 2am on Friday 3/13, to follow the island times that do not observe daylight savings.

So that explains the 11:01pm showing as it was 00:01 on the east coast not observing DST.

So it was shown at 00:01am real US Eastern time. The same day of release.

A little bit of Disney fudging! lol!

ex techie

Last week the Bridge of Spies premiere at 00:01AM the day of release.

However... Star Wars will have preview shows in the US starting at 7:00PM the day before the official release on the 17th. ( like most of the big releases do )

I see no reason Disney would not do that.

• 2 weeks later...

Good news! I emailed with this question and here is the response:

"At this time our movie list is only updated through November. Therefore, we cannot guarantee Star Wars: The Force Awakens will be premiering onboard during your sailing. However, we do typically premiere all Disney owned movies onboard when they do ashore, so there is a good chance that this will happen. Most of the time when we premiere a movie onboard it is a midnight showing. We would recommend to check back with us a little closer to sailing to see if we have any further details if the movie will be premiering."

Goody goody gumdrops!

For something as "high demand" as Star Wars, do you think showings will be limited to one time per person per cruise? For example, I'm going to go first as the "guy's night out", then I want to go again and take my kids.

Edited by pseudoswede

For something as "high demand" as Star Wars, do you think showings will be limited to one time per person per cruise? For example, I'm going to go first as the "guy's night out", then I want to go again and take my kids.

Onboard, there's really no way to know how many times you've seen a movie. They don't issue tickets, and there's no one standing at the door monitoring who comes in and out.

You could go to all the showings of it, if it worked out in your schedule.

The Walt Disney Theater (where the initial showing will occur) can accommodate about 1/2 the people onboard, so there's plenty of room. Especially if they do multiple showings in the WDT plus the Buena Vista.

No, there has never been a limit, nor is there any effective way to do it on the ship. The "limit" is the number of seats in the theatre. As above, on the first showing Avengers was shown simultaneously in both theatres--people were allowed into the WDT till the seats were filled and then the line was directed to the BVT.

I know that the younger people in our crowd saw the film at least 3 times. After the first showing, the theatres were not full.

• 1 month later...

Just got off the Dream this morning. These details are from memory, so I can't promise 100% accuracy.

The Star Wars film premiered last night (12/17) at something like 7:00 pm EST in the Disney theater. This was explicitly for the first seating folks. The first seating started at 5:15 (instead of 5:45) so people could see the early showing of the movie. There was also a 7:15 show in the BV theatre - not sure if this was restricted. The Disney show was in 3D. The BV showing was 2D. There was a later showing (can't remember the time) for the second seating people in the Disney theater (9:30?) with another right behind it in the BV. There was at least one more later showing (midnight?) and a crack-o-dawn special at 5:15 am (12/18).

I took kid duty while my wife saw the early show in the Disney theater. There were open seats on both sides of her. Some people on the ship dressed up. I saw a Jedi and a Leia and lots of Star Wars themed t-shirts. I also saw what I think were C3PO-themed Mickey ears (gold tone). It wasn't as crazy as I expected. My wife told me that some younger kids left the movie early, perhaps because of the violence.

I asked our server if the crew will get to see it. He said there will be a showing for the crew sometime next week.

Edited by chemistrynerd
grammar trouble