Need advice re: Charleston to Bahamas

Jodad

Planning to take the Carnival Bahama cruise out of Charleston in early January. Trying to decide between Jan 2 and Jan 7 for departure. Any advice from the cruise savvy out there?

Much appreciated

Jodad

Any time is a good time to sail away on a cruise! :D Not really sure what you are asking about but we just sailed from Charleston this past August and it was a great port to sail from, we were 5th car in line and on board eating lunch by 11:30 (ignore the email about arriving later :)).

Is there anything that distinguishes the 2 dates for you personally? We are leaving January 2nd from PC so I think January 2nd is a great date to cruise...;) Which one is cheaper?

Edited by Drazil65

The later date is slightly cheaper but my concern is the number of kids on the cruise. I'm thinking the later date will mean more of them will be back in school but schools and regions differ on this. Its our first Carnival cruise and we are more used to HAL's older crowd and sedate atmosphere. Looking for a peaceful time. Did you find any quiet spots on the ship that we could retreat to?

Thanks much

As far as the number of kids go on the cruise, there will always be some. The Charleston area schools will be back in session by then from the holidays as will many other local school districts. I have cruised out of Charleston, we had quite a few children, but we had no issues with them at all.