May need to cancel...NO insurance!

NeJaz

Listen, I'm in the insurance claims business. If you purchase cancellation insurance when you know you're going to have to put in a cancellation claim, there is a term for that. It's called insurance fraud. It's like adding collision coverage to your car insurance when you know the car has already been damaged. Doing what has been suggested is not a joke. Anyone who purchases cancellation insurance late in the game and then actually has a claim is going to be scrutinized. There will be forms to complete, documentation to provide and probably a statement to be given.

Insurance fraud is a felony is all states. Sell the space to hopefully someone or give it away. All insurance is a gamble. When you buy any kind of insurance it's because you think something might happen and the insurance company takes your bet and thinks that statistically, nothing is going to happen. You did not buy the insurance in this case and you lost that bet. To place the insurance bet now when you already know the outcome and the insurance company does not, is fraud. If you've managed to live an honest life up until now, don't throw it away on something like this!

BobK/Orlando

The problem with trying to find someone to go in his place is that we have most of our family and friends already sailing with us! We're having a hard time finding someone to go at the last minute!

Maybe someone wants to "spread out?" ... a cabin where there are three squeezed in ... maybe one could be talked into sharing with the remaining person in this cabin in exchange for more space and an extra bathroom to work with?

Blue skies ...

--rita

"The cause of the cancellation is not clear. Any chance of getting a better explanation of the circumstances?"

The reason he has to cancel has to do with a new job he just started. It is very hard to find a job in his line of work and does not want to risk losing it. So, he can not take a week off at this time to go on vacation.

Hope this clarifies things!

I apologize for suggesting something illegal to anyone on these boards. I obviously didn't think!

I checked my e-mail about an hour ago and had to start the comp. and sign back in because I felt so bad about this. Again, my apologies.

(Really feeling like a schmuck!)

Slam

"Listen, I'm in the insurance claims business. If you purchase cancellation insurance when you know you're going to have to put in a cancellation claim, there is a term for that. It's called insurance fraud."

I'm in the insurance business also and would never think of purchasing insurance to cover a loss that will knowingly occur.

I knew insurance really wasn't an option at this point. Just didn't know what other options there were. Now that I have posted this, I realize it's find someone to go in his place or lose the money!

"Maybe someone wants to "spread out?" ... a cabin where there are three squeezed in ... maybe one could be talked into sharing with the remaining person in this cabin in exchange for more space and an extra bathroom to work with?"

This would work out great, but unfortunately there are no cabins where 3 are squeezed in. All of the cabins in our group have only 2 people in them.

Archived