Horseshoe Beach last day

judyf

Need to be back to Dockyard by for 3pm sail away. What's the best option for 5 people to return? We're thinking of buying bus pass but might not be good option. What time would we need to leave the beach?

How would you do HB on last day? We're leaving Sun and this is the only day no rain is expected.

You normally need to be on board by 2:30 pm for a 3 pm sail away. I would not depend on the buses to get you back on time unless you leave the beach very early...I would leave by 12 or 12:30 if using the bus.

You can buy beach shuttle tickets for $16 per person round trip...BUT...last Friday for some reason they were not operating, and as a result my wife, who was planning to go to Horseshoe Bay, did not.

One option is to buy tokens at $4.50 each and take the bus to the beach, but take a taxi back to the ship. For 5 passengers a taxi should be about $45 plus tip. There are also often private vans operating that charge $7 per person each way.

By the way, the best place to look for accurate Bermuda weather forecasts is weather.bm and they know better than to try to forecast that far ahead, so I would not pay much attention to the forecast you're looking at. In any event, rain is often brief, so you might have a shower or two with most of the day being perfectly OK.

Edited by njhorseman