Just off Navigator....quick review

Qcruise

that's what I thought, as I hadn't heard of any B'Way show. Too bad. At least they are showing some outdoor movies at night. We loved this on Princess. Maybe they will add some new shows (doubt it) for FL. We are sailing on N out fo FL in the spring. tx. again.

Edited by elaine5

I was on the same cruise. Funny thing though, I didn't notice any of the things talked about.

I did see the ambulance, but it had no effect on embarkation. I was on the ship around 11:00 and in the Windjammer by 11:05.

I never noticed the water tasting funny at all. I used it in our cabin to take my meds. Didn't bother me.

I found the crew to be fabulous. The only person I had a problem with was our room steward. He was nice but didn't seem to care. We had room service in the mornings and twice, he cleaned the room but didn't take the dirty dishes. Our neighbor said he cleaned their room but not the bathroom. All the others staff members were great. We had awesome service in the dining room.

My only complaint would be the beds. I can't handle a hard bed. I felt like I might as well have slept on the floor. They were almost the same consistency.

Other than that, great cruise....well except for the first day we were rocking and rolling. I have never been on that rough of a cruise. I heard several first time cruisers say they will never cruise again because of the roughness. I tried to convince them, that was out of the norm.

I love the beds too....I sleep so well while on cruises...better than I do at home.

Also our room steward seemed to also not take dirty dishes away. We actually had to take the dishes and place them outside the door. Very hit or miss with room steward on our recent Navigator cruise.

I'd say that our room steward was THE BEST that we've ever had - fun fun lady and everything was kept neat and tidy in our stateroom... :-)

Bed wasn't a tempurpedic for sure, but I got used to it - either that or I was just dead tired every night!

We were also on this cruise and for the most part had a wonderful time.

Embarkation was far easier than I was expecting. We were in line next to the medical emergency (young lady had a seizure, which was handled very quickly and efficiently by the terminal staff)

The service we had in MDR was excellent...Prashant, Jakub and Benny were all wonderful and made dining there a delight.

We did the MDR 5 nights, 1 night at Giovanni's Table (awesome) and 1 at Chop's (oddly not as good as Giovanni's). We also used the Windjammer for all breakfasts (drink service was spotty at best) and the MDR for one lunch (highly recommend the salad bar, very good). We were somewhat disappointed in the food in the Windjammer...it seemed pretty blah to us.

On at sea days we spent most of our time in the Solarium and found the relaxation we were looking for.

Our room steward was fantastic. The only crew we had an issue with was one of the Starbucks servers who decided to argue with my husband on the drink my husband ordered and the photo people...hated the poses they forced and the attitudes and to top it off, the usb they provided with the pics I bought is corrupted so I am having to work with another group just to get the few pics I cared for.

I also had an issue with the mattresses but the rocking of the ship helped to lull me to sleep...

We are going on the Navigator on Nov 14th. Looking forward to getting away, but not the hard beds, lack of service/attitude and bad food that I have been reading about on this and other threads on CC :-( . It may be a long 8 night cruise:( I hope not, as we really need this vacay! For any D+ members that have used the BOGO in the specialty restaurants the first night, did you make reservations before you got onboard? If you make reservations before, do they charge your account before getting onboard??

Edited by finfan32744

We chose to carry our own luggage off the ship and disembarking was a breeze. Off the ship by 9:15.

Not my best RCCL cruise but not the worst either.

Love your statement that disembarking being a "breeze." We were on the same sailing, and the rain and wind on the 25th was a bit more than a breeze, a downright torrential storm.

Other than that, we had a wonderful time. Great food, fun ports, and we look forward to returning to the Navigator when she sails out of Florida.

Rick

Love your statement that disembarking being a "breeze." We were on the same sailing, and the rain and wind on the 25th was a bit more than a breeze, a downright torrential storm.

Other than that, we had a wonderful time. Great food, fun ports, and we look forward to returning to the Navigator when she sails out of Florida.

Rick

Not sure where you were but weather was not all that bad. Many have been in a lot worse. I also meant "breeze" in the sense disembarking was smooth...no long lines and easy departure off the ship. Glad you enjoyed your cruise.