Germophobes confess! Do you......

OceanCruise

I'll bet many of you never realized one of the dirtiest thing in a room it the TV remote. Bring a ziploc bag and put it in before using. Who knows where the previous guest had their hands before using the remote. You never know what they were picking or scatching in the privacy of their cabin without washing their hands!:eek:

1. Thanks for the lovely picking/scratching visual...

2. This is the BEST idea-thank you honestly-I always wipe down the remote, as I have an infant who loves to eat them-but putting it in a ziplock is easier and better-thank you so much, a great idea!!!

Well, its good to see that I am in good company!!! I always bring the clorex wipes, hand sanitizer, and spray disinfectant.

It only makes sense for us. Our daughter received a kidney transplant almost 4 years ago, so follow-up with these disinfectants are a MUST for us.

I even use them at home, espically after company has come and gone....some people (yes even family) just don't get how important it is for us to maintain a somewhat germ free enviroment (yes, I know that nothing is completely "germ free" lol)

We went of the Dawn last year, as a family, and the first thing we did was wipe down her cabin. I was so happy to see the hand sanitizers at the enterence to every public room, and before the buffet lines.....I was also amazed how many people just walked by them :( If you are one of those people, who for what ever reason have a great immune system, please stop and think about what you may be carrying on your hands, that won't effect you, but could devastate someone eles...and use the hand sanitizers!!!!!!!!:)

Debbie

Yes, I Lysol the room as soon as we enter (wouldn't even let DD's into theirs until I'd sprayed everything, incl. remote, HAIRDRYER, air vents, and drawer handles). We also carried sanitizer to use AFTER we filled our plates at the buffet - you don't realize how many people won't use the pump before they enter the buffet line! So far, no sicknesses reported on 7 cruises and counting...

Does that make me a germophobe:rolleyes: ?

Please have mercy on those of us allergic to those strong cleaners -- I can handle the Clorox and alcohol (usually) but Lysol (rug cleaner, all the "lovely" fragrance stuff) - that'll make sure I can't breathe for a while!

Thank goodness I'm relatively healthy otherwise - I have to be so careful of cleaning products and other chemicals! I hope that I'm not next to someone sprayting stuff all over their cabin - it'll permeate mine and give me an attack!

Yes - I am a germophobe!! Bring it all Lysol wipes, Clorox wipes, spray, Purell hand cleaner - you name it - I have it....and use it. Always use the Purell after handling serving utensils in buffet lines or salt and pepper shakers. We wipe down our cabins before we unpack.

With that being said..................I got sick on our last two cruises. Stomach virus in 2004 and flu/bronchitis in 2005. Both trips were on the Vision of the Seas in Alaska.

I still continue to be a germophobe - but wonder if all the effort is really doing any good.

Archived