okay i am ready for my lynching but need to ask

sassafrass

It is good fun sitting with new people, but the one thing I really dont like is the way that you all get your courses at the same time even if you are not "with" them.

Lets say I only want an entree. I have found myself sitting waiting for 40 minutes while people on my shared table have had 2 or more starters before I have been able to pick up a fork. Now dont get me wrong - they can have what they want, but why cant I just have my one course while they are having their soup/salad/prawn cocktail

This is not a lynching issue but simply a matter of personal preference. We give credit to the cruise industry for expanding options for cruisers and allowing the cruiser to make the decision. When it comes to dining you now have numerous options across the cruise industry and it is simply not a one size fits all issue. While DW and I prefer to do an Anytime Dining option and just show-up asking to share a large table, there are plenty of others who prefer a 2 top or a fixed dining scheme (which can still be done with Anytime Dining and reservations).

We are sometimes puzzled as to why some on CC think everything should be "their way or the highway" and refuse to accept that different folks have their own preference. For example, DW and I are retired and dine together every night of the year. So for us, when on a cruise we enjoy dining with lots of other folks for a change of pace. We also know cruisers who seldom have the time to truly dine with their spouse and look forward to a romantic table for 2 when they cruise. It is not a right or wrong issue...but simply called "freedom of choice." Sometimes folks need to do what is right for them without fretting about what others do or think.

Hank