Britannia Cabin Help

cornishcrusader

Hello. I am looking at booking a balcony cabin on the Britannia, whilst searching the website I noticed that to upgrade to a Deluxe Balcony is only £150 pp extra, has anyone stayed deluxe and was it worth the money?

These cabins are only on A,B and C deck and it states that the cabins on A deck are partially shaded, does anyone know how shaded they are?

Many thanks

We haven't been on Britannia as yet (will be in December) but we we were on Royal Princess earlier this year which is the same design.We had a standard balcony cabin which we found to be quite a bit smaller than usual.We have therefore booked a superior deluxe cabin this time for the extra space.

We have booked a guarantee cabin and are waiting for allocation at the moment and we too are wondering about the overhang and shade on A deck.

We had a superior deluxe balcony cabin on B deck which was fine, however I would say the overhang on A deck is considerable and the balcony most often in the shade.

The balcony has 2 chairs and a table and no room really for anything else. The cabin however is spacious with a double sofa and curtain diving the bedroom and seating area, also a TV in each area.

Thanks. Its our 1st cruise! I spoke to P&O on the phone, they said it wasn't to big a deal, just a slight overhang from the deck above.

Did you book saver fare? just wondering if the select price was worth the extra money?

Yes we did book a saver fare as we didn't think it was worth £100's more to choose the cabin location and dining preference.

We have booked saver fares several times and have usually got a good allocation sometimes a great upgrade (best one was to largest suite on Azura) Just hoping we will get a good one this time.....fingers crossed!

If not we will still be happy for the price we have paid.

As this is your first cruise I'm sure wherever you are, in any cabin you will love it.

Is the cruise in the Caribbean? If so I would definitely say you will make use of a balcony.