Dinner buffet on QM2?

calikak

Hello everyone! I'm finally planning a QM2 sailing to make up for the one that Cunard cancelled on us back in 2008. It'll be my husband and our now 2 kids (we had just one back in 2008). We're considering a grill suite, but I'd rather stab myself in the eye with a pen than try to keep the kids from bothering all the other diners in one of the Grills (or in the main dining room, frankly, but my mom guilt would be even greater in the Grills if they are having a bad night--and who wants to feel like that at dinner?). So, my plan was to feed the kids at the buffet, then drop them for evening activities at the kids' club while DH and I enjoy a nice meal together. It's not clear on the Cunard site that the buffet is open for dinner--is it? Thank you in advance for your insights!

...So, my plan was to feed the kids at the buffet, then drop them for evening activities at the kids' club while DH and I enjoy a nice meal together. It's not clear on the Cunard site that the buffet is open for dinner--is it? Thank you in advance for your insights!

The buffet certainly is open for dinner. (It's also the dining venue for those who prefer not to dress for dinner.) This is probably a better alternative for children since there is variety and no waiting. I'm afraid we don't yet know what it will be like after late May of next year. Kings Court is to be entirely gutted and rebuilt but Cunard has not yet announced the design.

Either way, you can take your children to the buffet and then have some quiet adult time while they are in the kids center.

I'm sure I remember reading that the kids club actually organise a kinda 'kids tea party' at around 5.30pm.

We plan to order room service for our son's dinner (buffet too risky as he has severe food allergies) and then send him down to the kids club to watch a movie while we have dinner :)