Atlantis/theme park alone?

Thoie

Background - I'm 40 (ish), travelling alone and have never been to any theme park of any kind, ever. I love water, but am terrified of heights, and don't like small enclosed spaces :)

Given all that, is there any point going to Atlantis? Looking at youtube and various other things, I'd enjoy the lazy and the not lazy river, but they only seem to take 15-20 minutes. There were one or two of the water slides that I thought I *might* try, but they go through tubes. How big are the tubes on water slides generally? Does anyone ever get stuck in them?

I get the impression that a day pass to Atlantis is $100-$200 so I'm just wondering what else is there to do there if you're on your own. Theme parks look like the kind of thing that are best enjoyed with friends.

Any thoughts? Anyone done Atlantis alone?

Background - I'm 40 (ish), travelling alone and have never been to any theme park of any kind, ever. I love water, but am terrified of heights, and don't like small enclosed spaces :)

Given all that, is there any point going to Atlantis? Looking at youtube and various other things, I'd enjoy the lazy and the not lazy river, but they only seem to take 15-20 minutes. There were one or two of the water slides that I thought I *might* try, but they go through tubes. How big are the tubes on water slides generally? Does anyone ever get stuck in them?

It would be very difficult to get stuck. I won't say it's impossible, but I can't imagine it ever happens.

I get the impression that a day pass to Atlantis is $100-$200 so I'm just wondering what else is there to do there if you're on your own. Theme parks look like the kind of thing that are best enjoyed with friends.

Any thoughts? Anyone done Atlantis alone?

I just got back from a solo trip to Atlantis and had a blast, but if you're seriously terrified of heights, it might not be best for you since most of the slides are fairly high off the ground. Some of them are also in darkness for short periods.

It IS a great place for water-lovers and even though I went solo, I made a few friends there. Nothing brings people closer like facing the rapids of the Current (the not-so-lazy river) together. :D