Volendam Dining

Venture

Someone shared this with me a few weeks ago when I asked, so I am happy to share it with you. :)

Hope this helps.

Sail - We have been assigned to 6:15 early dining, lower. I see that the 5:45 early is seated in the upper dining room. Have you sailed on HAL since they have done this new system? They did not have the staggered dining on our last sail on the Volendam. How do you like it? Since they do the staggering in different dining rooms, it seems to me it might work. What do you think?

Sail - We have been assigned to 6:15 early dining, lower. I see that the 5:45 early is seated in the upper dining room. Have you sailed on HAL since they have done this new system? They did not have the staggered dining on our last sail on the Volendam. How do you like it? Since they do the staggering in different dining rooms, it seems to me it might work. What do you think?

Yes, we have sailed very many times since they started the four dining times and found it works out fine. Most people are happy with it......unless they are assigned to a time they are very unhappy about.

Early Upper is 5:45

Early Lower is 6:15

Main Upper is 8:00

Main Lower is 8:30

It isn't technically two dining rooms. It is two levels of the room. We have not found it to be disruptive at all for the lower level to be seated fifteen minutes are we are on the Upper Level Main at 8:00.

Yes, we have sailed very many times since they started the four dining times and found it works out fine. Most people are happy with it......unless they are assigned to a time they are very unhappy about.

Early Upper is 5:45

Early Lower is 6:15

Main Upper is 8:00

Main Lower is 8:30

It isn't technically two dining rooms. It is two levels of the room. We have not found it to be disruptive at all for the lower level to be seated fifteen minutes are we are on the Upper Level Main at 8:00.

Thanks, Sail. It really sounds pretty good to me. We were in the lower portion of the dining room last time, and we liked it there very much. We booked this cruise very early and also requested a table for 2. From what I've read, the maitre 'd charts the table seating a week ahead of time, so I can probably expect to have my request granted.

The Maitre d's usually work on the next cruise seating charts the last few days of the preceding cruise. I know they try very hard to accomodate every request but sometimes it simply is not possible. There might be a large group which would occupy a big portion of a particular area in the dining room or they could have had an overwhelming amount of requests for one sort of seating ....more than the average.

I think the chances are very good you should have your request granted seeing as you booked very early. That is a key factor.

Hope you have a great cruise.

The Maitre d's usually work on the next cruise seating charts the last few days of the preceding cruise. I know they try very hard to accomodate every request but sometimes it simply is not possible. There might be a large group which would occupy a big portion of a particular area in the dining room or they could have had an overwhelming amount of requests for one sort of seating ....more than the average.

I think the chances are very good you should have your request granted seeing as you booked very early. That is a key factor.

Hope you have a great cruise.

Thanks. This will be our 3rd time on the Volendam. I just love that ship, and am eagerly looking forward to sailaway on Oct. 16!!!

Archived