Explorer- Cabin Question?

ezpass89

I will be on the Explorer of the Seas next June 2006. Haved book cabin 9502 in the front of the ship. Seems like a good location right under the bridge. Has anyone else been on the Explorer in the cabin? Did I make a good move or should I try to book another cabin. Also I heard the Explorer is in Dry Dock . What exactly are they doing? Anyone know who the captain will be ?

We're on the next 9 day after you, leaving on the 30th. Very excited.

Now, about your cabin. We have NEVER stayed in a cabin all the way forward, but if you want category F, the large oceanview, there are a very limited number of these, and most ARE all the way forward. (except for a couple on 6 and a couple on 7 all the way aft on the sides). Some have complained about more movement all the way forward, but we never felt it all the way aft, and people complain about that, too. You're high up, so the complaints of some people about anchor noises, etc., when entering or leaving port won't affect you. You should be ok there - the exercise is great. :)

The drydock is just supposed to be pretty generic - cleaning, some new furnishings, general spiffing up. No major overhauls or changes planned, as far as I have read.

RC doesn't release staff names so we'll have to wait until later to find out our Captain.

Bon Voyage!

Carol

Archived