Suite Perks/Concierge Lounge/Drinks Package Advice

We will be sailing in our first Grand Suite this coming February on Adventure. A couple of questions.

First, what perks are not to be missed? I'm aware of pool deck seating, priority check in, dining room menu room service, concierge. Is there a gold card section in the theater? Ice rink (do you still need tix)?

Also we are on the hump GS 1324. Sailing with 3 people in the room. Is there room for 3 chairs at the balcony table?

Finally, torn wether or not to get the drinks package? I understand we have access to the lounge, but how much of a dent would that take off of a drinking bill? We are diamond and have found we still like the package so we are not restricted to certain alcohols, etc.

I want to make sure we get the most out of our first suite experience!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We will also be on Adventure for most of the month in February, we always stay in a GS, Adventure is our favorite ship, you will have a great time!

You will not need tickets to the shows, just show up about 15 minutes before and show you gold card, there is special seating for suite guests.

As far as the drink package, it depends on your consumption so to speak, we do not get it as with the evening cocktail hour it is enough, we do drink during the day but not enough to warrant the package.

There is also a breakfast for suite guests in Chops every morning, this is also very nice.

Enjoy your trip!

... Finally, torn wether or not to get the drinks package? I understand we have access to the lounge, but how much of a dent would that take off of a drinking bill? We are diamond and have found we still like the package so we are not restricted to certain alcohols, etc. ...

The drinks in the Concierge Lounge are the same as those in the Diamond Lounge. If you feel like you still like a drink package as Diamond, then having a Grand Suite will not change anything with regard to drinks.

Edited by clarea

We were in an OS on Oasis and used the SL frequently. However, we still found the drink package worthwhile. First the SL isn't open for free drinks all the time. Plus you don't want to go to the SL to get drinks all the time.

Using the SL for a before dinner drink is about all it's good for. I kept pretty good track of our bar tabs over the last couple of years and I would guess we at least broke even. The package didn't save us a lot of money, but it's nice to not have to worry about paying a bar tab at the end.

We took full advantage of the reserved "gold" card deck seating area. We never used the "gold" card show seating or the priority tender tickets.

My wife doesn't drink much, maybe one or two drinks at the pool or a glass or tow of wine at night. I might have a drink at the pool during the day, a glass or two of wine with dinner, and two or three cocktails (Scotch) before or after dinner. Between the two bottles of wine I brought on, one bottle we won as a Meet and Mingle door prize, and access to the CL each evening, our bar tab was a whopping $350. And that included a $98 bottle of Caymus that I bought at Chops and enjoyed at dinner over 3 nights.

We will be sailing in our first Grand Suite this coming February on Adventure. A couple of questions.

First, what perks are not to be missed? I'm aware of pool deck seating, priority check in, dining room menu room service, concierge. Is there a gold card section in the theater? Ice rink (do you still need tix)?

Also we are on the hump GS 1324. Sailing with 3 people in the room. Is there room for 3 chairs at the balcony table?

Finally, torn wether or not to get the drinks package? I understand we have access to the lounge, but how much of a dent would that take off of a drinking bill? We are diamond and have found we still like the package so we are not restricted to certain alcohols, etc.

I want to make sure we get the most out of our first suite experience!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi! I sail in a suite often and still get the drinks package as it truly does save a bit, with 2-3 foo foo drinks during the day, 2-3 mojitos' or wine at night and an odd mimosa, and 2-3 bottles of water, if purchased seperately it would be approx $80/day. I can have all this and more if I want for $55/day(incl tip) with premium package. so tome it is worth it and no surprises at end of cruise. Enjoy your GS experience, but be warned once tried, you will be spoilt and end up like me!!! lol