What should the prizes be?

While it is fun to win a prize at trivia or scavenger hunt, the medals, trophies, cup holders, visors etc. are sort of a waste IMO. I would rather get a free drink/coffee coupon or free Ben and Jerry's cone or even points toward one nice prize I can choose at the end of the cruise. What I would really like is a beach towel, nice tote bag, umbrella, cooler, wine glasses or something else that is really useful. What do you think?

I'll have to agree with you. While some peoples' junk is another ones treasure, I wouldn't even bother taking the stuff mentioned off the ship. But, I'd love to get a coffee drink, or points towards the purchase of a beach towel.

I think the medals, trophies, keychains are a whole lot cheaper than the nicer stuff you mention. It's kind of funny to watch how excited some people get over winning pure junk, though.

OT, I work with a gal that goes bonkers over anything "free". You can reduce her to tears by awarding her a pen or a cheap plastic cup. It makes me wish companies would forego the "awards" and give that extra cash they need to spend to charity.

Maybe they could start giving Shipshape Dollars as prizes. That way you can save them up and pick what you want. DH and I didn't do any trivia contests on our last cruise because we didn't want to take home any more RCL memorabilia. And believe me, we love the trivia contests! We did walk the mile every morning and saved up our SS dollars and DH got a decent t-shirt that he can use for work. And I'm taking the left over SS dollars on my next RCL cruise and adding to them.

Archived