Taking first cruise on SOS...questions

My dh and I are taking our first cruise next week on Sovereign of the Seas. I couldn't be more excited!! I have a few questions, tho...

Is it okay to take soft drinks that we will drink in our stateroom? I have bought a pack of those little 8oz bottles. Do I just put them in our suitcase w/the checked luggage, or should I put them in my carry on? What about one bottle of wine?

Also, at debarkation, will we have to wait for our color to be called (which is aqua by the way), or are we allowed to get off earlier if we take our own luggage? The reason I ask is that we have a 13 hour drive home, and while I would love to linger on the boat as long as possible, we really need to hit the road early.

What will the weather be like in the Bahamas? I am thinking hot? Also, are cruise ships generally cool in the dining and theatre rooms? Would I be alright to pack some short and t-shirts for beach days, capri pants and skirts w/ cute shirts for night time, along w/one sweater in case it's cool? (we aren't doing formal night) I certainly don't want to overpack, which seems to be the case everywhere I go! Thank you in advance.

Technically, it's not OK to take the soda and the wine onboard. The chances of the drink police taking these away are IMHO pretty slim. I personally would put at least the soda in carry-ons (you don't know how roughly treated your baggage will be, all that carbonation...). The wine could go in either (well protected).

I believe you can take your own bags off. Alernatively, go down to the purser's office, and get the earliest colored tags for debarkation (I'm guessing that wouldn't be a problem, but not 100% sure).

The Bahamas will be very warm and humid. Can't hurt to take a sweater, although in my experience the interior spaces are comfortable.

My dh and I are taking our first cruise next week on Sovereign of the Seas. I couldn't be more excited!! I have a few questions, tho...

Is it okay to take soft drinks that we will drink in our stateroom? I have bought a pack of those little 8oz bottles. Do I just put them in our suitcase w/the checked luggage, or should I put them in my carry on? What about one bottle of wine?

Also, at debarkation, will we have to wait for our color to be called (which is aqua by the way), or are we allowed to get off earlier if we take our own luggage? The reason I ask is that we have a 13 hour drive home, and while I would love to linger on the boat as long as possible, we really need to hit the road early.

What will the weather be like in the Bahamas? I am thinking hot? Also, are cruise ships generally cool in the dining and theatre rooms? Would I be alright to pack some short and t-shirts for beach days, capri pants and skirts w/ cute shirts for night time, along w/one sweater in case it's cool? (we aren't doing formal night) I certainly don't want to overpack, which seems to be the case everywhere I go! Thank you in advance.

'

I've never taken soda onboard but I think I would want to put in a carry on. I would hate to have all of my clothes ruined if a bottle or can burst!

I think it is possible to disembark if you carry your own luggage off. But you can also explain your situation to the room steward and they can get you tags that will get you off the ship earlier.

The weather was very warm but could be windy and cooler at night. I took a lightweight jacket and I used it a couple of times in the evenings.

Put the soda in zip lock bags in case one explodes it won't get all over everything else! Even double bag to be safe, the cost of the bags is minimal compared to the hassle of them leaking. I put mine in bubble wrap and then double zip lock bags when I flew and nothing was disturbed at all. I was extra cautious as they were in w/ all my clothes. when I'm not flying I put all liquids in my carry on, with nothing important, just in case.

You can carry off you r own luggage but there is an escalotor and they make you hold it up off the escalotor, if it's heavy that could be a problem. there is an elevator but the lines waiting to use it can be long! Also at Port Canaveral they have a luggage handler the same as at the airports, so the only color tags they put on are the ones they have called. In Ft. Lauderadle all the bags are already out in color groups so if you get off early your luagge is there, not so in Port Canaveral. So if you don't want to hand carry definitely get the early tags.

Archived