Non Beach or water things to do in Jamaica?

judyf

I'm hoping the cruise critics can help me with this.

We are looking for things to do, sailing on the NCL Spirit in Dec. We don't want any water activities.

Thanks in advance for any tips and suggestions.

I am interested on this as well. We'll be in Falmouth. All the tour companies I have reach out to for non water excursions do not have the minimum people required....and the ones offered by the ship are not very interesting. We are leaving this coming Sunday so any help will be greatly appreciated!

Edited by epc3099

Ocho Rios is our port on the Spirit.

I would rather do things on our own or a private tour if and when possible.

We will be doing Turtle River Falls and Gardens in Ocho Rios with Courtney Taylor Tours. Here is the link http://turtleriverfallsandgardens.com/

Although it has water it is not really anything you have to go in. You can just view with your tour guide. After reading the TripAdvisor reviews I know this was perfect for us. Hope this helps.

We will be doing Turtle River Falls and Gardens in Ocho Rios with Courtney Taylor Tours. Here is the link http://turtleriverfallsandgardens.com/

Although it has water it is not really anything you have to go in. You can just view with your tour guide. After reading the TripAdvisor reviews I know this was perfect for us. Hope this helps.

Thank you!

I was also going to suggest Turtle River Falls and Gardens. Lovely place. Lots of waterfalls, but you walk up steps next to them. They also have a koi pond and an aviary. It's really cool to feed the birds and have them perch on your hands, head, etc.

You might also consider Mystic Mountain... It is a bit expensive though. You ride basically a ski lift up to the top of the mountain. They have shops, museum, restaurant, bar, and pool up there. You can take the bob sled ride and/or zip line. Lots of fun.

Are you prepurchasing this tour or buying tickets at the port? How much is it per person? TIA!:)

For the tour company Courtney Taylor we paid a deposit up front and then will pay the rest when we see them in person. We will pay for Turtle River when we arrive. The prices are listed on their website. The link is listed above. I also heard there is someone who follows you around on your tour there taking pictures. In the end you can purchase the photos for a flat fee of $20.00. I hear the photos are very nice and professional and worth way more than $20.00. They are given to you on a disk. Someone else here who has done it may be able to say more about that. I think some of the reviews on TripAdvisor talk about the photos as well.