Cenotes and Turtle Bay Adventure

MiloAshesMadison

Hello!

I have reviewed many of the excursion reviews but could not find reviews on this particular excursion offered through Princess.

I would love to hear from those who have done this excursion through Princess. I'm undecided between this one and The Amazing Secret Rivers , Caverns tour.

I feel like the turtle swim and cenote tour would give me the best of both worlds ( wild life and the chance to experience the cenotes of mexico) .

I'm wondering how the Cenote compares with the turtle Bay tour in comparison to the Amazing Secrets Cenote/caverns ? . Is it just as beautiful ?

On the Turtle bay tour do you get to snorkel inside the Ocho Rios,Dos- Ojos Cenote taverns/ caves, or only the cenote itself ?

Thank you for all your time and consideration !!

Milo from MN

Since the cenotes are on the mainland, depending on the time in port, your ship, or cruise lines, may not have a vendor for this. There are private vendors you can book with, just be aware of the ferry times versus ship time, especially for return to Cozumel, and the time needed for the excursion.

• 2 months later...

I thought I would report back on this excursion. Hubby and I was on the Regal Princess on 1/17/16 thru 1/24/16. We took Princess' Cenotes and Turtle Bay Adventure excursion. This was new to us and did not see any reviews. During our cruise, I blogged about our cruising experience. I thought we would share our adventure.

Overall, we thought it was nice excursion. They broke us up into two groups of 10 which is ideal as our guide was able to keep track of us and it made for a nice personable excursion. We hopped on a water taxi over to Playa de Carmen (50 minute ride) and that's where we met our guide, Jorge. We walked out of the terminal and headed through the downtown area (w/shops) and walked out of the shopping area to where there were a few vans/buses waiting.

We were in a small van that took us to our first stop (40 minute drive) Dos Ojos Cenotes. We spent an hour here snorkeling in the caves.

Our next stop took us to Akamal (20 minute drive) to swim with the turtles and a stingray. A few saw a barracuda. I think we were here for about an hour or so.

We were back on the road again back to Playa de Carmen. We were dropped off outside the downtown shopping area. We walked back, but made a turn and ended up at a beach side restaurant where they had a buffet setup for us. We were able to get two drinks (water, soda, or margaritas, or beer) and 2nd helping at the buffet. We lounged around for about less than 2 hours enjoying the water view and people watching.

We followed our guide back to the terminal to wait for a water taxi. We were an hour late getting back to the ship as well as a hundred other fellow Princess cruisers. We came back to Puerta Maya with a ship full of cheering passengers.

If you would like to see more about our adventure with pictures, please see our blog: 2BCruising.blogspot.com

Enjoy!

Edited by 2BCruising