RCI Navigator of the Seas 10th Nov '16-Atlantic Crossing

Dorothy's Friend

Probably a bit early to be setting up this thread but here goes.

A group of friends and I have booked this crossing from Southampton to Miami (with an overnight in NYC). As Royal Caribbean are not very good at organising LGBT/FOD get togethers we will probably have set one up ourselves. Sometimes there is a card on the noticeboard in front of Guest Relations but most people do not bother looking. Why Royal Caribbean cannot organise and advertise it in the daily information paper (like NCL do) I have no idea.

This will be the second Atlantic crossing we have done aboard the Navigator, a lovely ship with a great free sauna (so I am told);).

:)

Anybody joining us?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Greetings, D's Friend! I remember meeting you and your friends on Navigator on the TA in '12 - I was traveling with my buddy Hilton from Atlanta. Hope you all have been well.

I did the same trip the next year but solo this time - a lady on the roll call grouped a bunch of solos together for dinner and we had the largest table in the dining room - 14 of us! Had a great time doing all sorts of things together, which really made it a terrific cruise. RCL otherwise was not on its game that trip, and there was lots of grumbling both during and after the cruise. But because of the friends I made, it was one of my very favorite vacations - there was also a gay group organized by a fellow from Fort Lauderdale, who arranged several gay parties in the disco - that was also a lot of fund, and one of the guys on his tour was especially friendly....

I would love to be joining you again but probably can't do it...I now have a partner, and we have to save up and coordinate our vacations as I have more leave time on my job than he does on his.

But if that changes, perhaps we'll meet again. Meantime, I hope all of you have a fantastic time!

Greetings, D's Friend! I remember meeting you and your friends on Navigator on the TA in '12 - I was traveling with my buddy Hilton from Atlanta. Hope you all have been well.

I did the same trip the next year but solo this time - a lady on the roll call grouped a bunch of solos together for dinner and we had the largest table in the dining room - 14 of us! Had a great time doing all sorts of things together, which really made it a terrific cruise. RCL otherwise was not on its game that trip, and there was lots of grumbling both during and after the cruise. But because of the friends I made, it was one of my very favorite vacations - there was also a gay group organized by a fellow from Fort Lauderdale, who arranged several gay parties in the disco - that was also a lot of fund, and one of the guys on his tour was especially friendly....

I would love to be joining you again but probably can't do it...I now have a partner, and we have to save up and coordinate our vacations as I have more leave time on my job than he does on his.

But if that changes, perhaps we'll meet again. Meantime, I hope all of you have a fantastic time!

Thanks for posting a response to this thread. At the time of the last Navigator of the Seas crossing I also had a new boyfriend who was not able to travel with me, so I was on my best behaviour which put a downer on my cruise experience. However, I am single again now and hope to remain so! I just hope that there is more to do on this crossing after dinner than on the last crossing I did on the Navigator. I do find the Royal Caribbean late evening cruise experience a little weak compared with NCL for example, especially for solo travellers.

Hopefully there will be a good LGBT group on this crossing which will make all the difference. A big shame that you are not going to join us, it would have been nice to have met up with some familiar faces.

Congratulations on the new relationship!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

With such a lack of response to this thread I cannot help thinking this is a cruise that is going to be bereft of the gay community.

If you are doing this crossing and have little or no experience of Royal Caribbean then I need to let you know that Royal Caribbean do not include any LGBT/FOD gatherings or get togethers in the daily planner. Yes, not particularly gay friendly but if you look for the Community Noticeboard there is normally a card posted there. If there isn't a card then please write one out yourself and place it on the board, I may well do it as soon as I board.

• 1 month later...
I am booked on this cruise. Southampton to Miami

Looking forward to it, I'm travelling solo

Got a great deal!

I'm from the Gold Coast of Australia.

Welcome along to our little (very) thread. I was beginning to give up on anyone else joining us.

Still quite a way off but next week I will have to pay the balance. I am so pleased I booked this long before the Brexit vote and the value of the pound £ fell through the floor.

Welcome along to our little (very) thread. I was beginning to give up on anyone else joining us.

Still quite a way off but next week I will have to pay the balance. I am so pleased I booked this long before the Brexit vote and the value of the pound £ fell through the floor.

Hello

If you are paying in pounds then you have scored!!!! I am paying in Aussie dollars so my price hasn't changed.

I am coming to the UK the day before to board in Southampton

This is a big ship so there must be a few others out there.

I have cruised on this type of ship before and its nice and big, the only thing is it will be cold and there is little public spaces for everyone to be when cold outside, everyone will be on the promenade!

Hello

If you are paying in pounds then you have scored!!!! I am paying in Aussie dollars so my price hasn't changed.

I am coming to the UK the day before to board in Southampton

This is a big ship so there must be a few others out there.

I have cruised on this type of ship before and its nice and big, the only thing is it will be cold and there is little public spaces for everyone to be when cold outside, everyone will be on the promenade!

Although I have a home just outside Southampton I will not be arriving from my main home in Spain until the day before as well.

I have been on the Navigator before and quite like it. That was also an Atlantic crossing but much further south. I find the entertainment and activities with Royal Caribbean in general to be inferior compared with NCL for example. In particular after dinner unless there is a party nothing is happening. On the plus side, I understand that Royal Caribbean have started to include the LGBT gatherings in the daily programme.

Still, if the weather is so bad and we are not able to get out then the free sauna should be busy ;).

Kevin

Although I have a home just outside Southampton I will not be arriving from my main home in Spain until the day before as well.

I have been on the Navigator before and quite like it. That was also an Atlantic crossing but much further south. I find the entertainment and activities with Royal Caribbean in general to be inferior compared with NCL for example. In particular after dinner unless there is a party nothing is happening. On the plus side' date=' I understand that Royal Caribbean have started to include the LGBT gatherings in the daily programme.

Still, if the weather is so bad and we are not able to get out then the free sauna should be busy ;).

Kevin[/color']

you have a place in Southampton? That is convenient for Cruising! Just like all th people you meet who live in Fort Lauderdale

Where are you in Spain? Near Barcelona? If so you have a cruise addicts dream location

I find Royals entertainment not so good as well. Their food is good and the ships are well maintained but I don't know where they get half their entertainers from

Im sure the if the weather is too cold then the Sauna will provide a place to get warm lol

I like to cruise to relax and chill

I hear that all Royal Ships now have super fast wifi as well which is always good

you have a place in Southampton? That is convenient for Cruising! Just like all th people you meet who live in Fort Lauderdale

Where are you in Spain? Near Barcelona? If so you have a cruise addicts dream location

I find Royals entertainment not so good as well. Their food is good and the ships are well maintained but I don't know where they get half their entertainers from

Im sure the if the weather is too cold then the Sauna will provide a place to get warm lol

I like to cruise to relax and chill

I hear that all Royal Ships now have super fast wifi as well which is always good

I actually live in a small mountain village called Xalo or Jalon in the province of Alicante.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Av.+Joanot+Martorell,+7,+03727+Xal%C3%B3,+Alicante,+Spain/@38.7403558,-0.0135333,16z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0xd61fdfcc30ae3ef:0xb1dca0319e95a4c1!8m2!3d38.7390629!4d-0.0091345

A few cruises start and finish in Alicante and Valencia, both nearby, but Barcelona is the main cruise port. There is quite a good and cheap train service from Valencia to Barcelona but I still prefer to fly from Alicante

• 2 months later...

Hello everybody. I mistakingly started a new thread for this crossing. Sorry that I didn't find this thread.

I'll be in London for 10 days, then boarding Navigator of the Seas for the Oct. 28 Canary Islands cruise. I'll stay on the ship for this crossing to Miami.

I look forward to meeting all of you.

Glenn

Hello everybody. I mistakingly started a new thread for this crossing. Sorry that I didn't find this thread.

I'll be in London for 10 days, then boarding Navigator of the Seas for the Oct. 28 Canary Islands cruise. I'll stay on the ship for this crossing to Miami.

I look forward to meeting all of you.

Glenn

Welcome to the thread Glenn. Not long now!

Not long now

Hey Dorothys Friend are you on the Epic Trans 1st April next year as well?

Me too!

I would like to pick your brains as I have a lot to ask you about living in Spain

;)

Stephen

Yep! I am on the Norwegian Epic 1st April crossing from Port Canaveral to Barcelona, then I will remain on the Epic for a 9 night Canaries cruise.

We will need to meet up on the Navigator then you can ask as much as you like:D

Yep! I am on the Norwegian Epic 1st April crossing from Port Canaveral to Barcelona' date=' then I will remain on the Epic for a 9 night Canaries cruise.

We will need to meet up on the Navigator then you can ask as much as you like:D[/quote']

I also would like to hear about your experience living in Spain!

• 3 weeks later...
See you in a few weeks! Less than a month now. Pity there have been so few posts on this thread.:confused:

Yes! 29 days to go! Getting excited.

I leave for London one week from today.

I look forward to meeting you onboard!

• 3 weeks later...