Where is the NCL Star???

OCLadies

I'm wondering if anyone has heard from current passengers on the Star on its Mexican Riviera cruise. There is a hurricane in the Cabo San Lucas area, catagory 1. The Star Webcam is also not functioning. I'm sure it all no big deal, but as I leave on 10/8 for this cruise, I was curious as to how the sea's are. We, on the West Coast, don't usually get hurricane's to mess with us, so this is something new, at least for me. Any info would be appreciate.:confused:

Otis did set the ship rocking even though we sailed around it. We arrived late to Acapulco, between 6 and 7 pm, and the Captain decided to stay overnight and leave at noon. This caused us to miss Zihuantenejo completely. Then we were 2 hours late to PV, and an hour late to Cabo. Many shore excursions were cancelled including all Canopy tours in PV, and most of the dolphin swims. There were many upset passengers. In PV the tendering process was so slow that some people didn't get ashore until 2pm and we were told to be back onboard at 4:30.

I felt bad for all the first time cruisers on board. They kept asking if this was typical for a cruise. One couple was from Australia and had only taken a cruise because of the ports. Otherwise they would have done a land vacation closer to home. I hope they don't give up on cruising!

I was surprised that NCL didn't offer anything like an onboard credit to make up for all the chaos. There was an hour of free rum punch after Acapulco, but they never said why. Most of the hassles came after that when people scrambled to rebook excursions, or excursions were cancelled after they tendered to shore! My husband was really steamed when that happened to him. In PV he wasted almost two hours between waiting on board, tendering, finding out on shore that it was cancelled, tendering back to the ship to get money, and then back to shore again. By then it was too late to book a private excursion.

Archived