Please help - dining reservation question!

gandh621

I need help! I booked Chops on my husband and my Royal Caribbean reservation. We chose the "add guests from another reservation" option and added my mother and daughter. Once they were added, I chose the time we wanted (and date) and it asked me to pay $78, which is the price for 2 of us. It shows up on our calendar. When my mom logs in to her account, there is no mention of the reservation, no option to pay and it shows that she has no dinner reserved at all for that night. This leads me to believe that she is on our reservation, but she has not paid and therefore will not have the reservation once the time is up to pay.

How can I get this to show up on hers and allow us to pay?

Has anyone done this before? Thanks for any help! - Running out of time.

Holly

I need help! I booked Chops on my husband and my Royal Caribbean reservation. We chose the "add guests from another reservation" option and added my mother and daughter. Once they were added, I chose the time we wanted (and date) and it asked me to pay $78, which is the price for 2 of us. It shows up on our calendar. When my mom logs in to her account, there is no mention of the reservation, no option to pay and it shows that she has no dinner reserved at all for that night. This leads me to believe that she is on our reservation, but she has not paid and therefore will not have the reservation once the time is up to pay.

Holly

You could cancel and then re book for the 4 of you. You could also call and find out what Royal is showing on their end.

When you add guests from another reservation it will show you all the guests from that reservation and it looks like they are added but you need to select each individual guest that you want to add before they are actually added. I've made that mistake a couple of times booking shows.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

You could cancel and then re book for the 4 of you. You could also call and find out what Royal is showing on their end.

When you add guests from another reservation it will show you all the guests from that reservation and it looks like they are added but you need to select each individual guest that you want to add before they are actually added. I've made that mistake a couple of times booking shows.

I ran into this issue the other night making dining reservations for our upcoming 10-night on Anthem. It's a case of terrible interface design - the site shows you two buttons, both of which say "Add Guests", but serve very different functions. I almost threw my iPad across the room in frustration.

I was adding our son and DIL to a reservation. I put in their info , brought up their names and clicked on them. They were highlighted so I 'proceeded to checkout'. They weren't there. By trial and error I discovered that when you get their names, highlight them and underneath there is another yellow button that says 'add guests'. You have to click that before you 'proceed to checkout'. Hope this helps.

Same problem. Booked eight of us for three restaurants. An exercise in bad web design. Sometimes two guests were added, sometimes four. I finally won and get everyone booked! Then another our friends emailed and said she wanted to be added. [emoji15][emoji31]. But yes, you are correct. If it's not showing on their reservation, they're not booked

That is so crazy! Well, I did add them yesterday, and it did take away their my time dining reservation, but never added the Chops reservation.

I finally paid for mine and my husband's yesterday and figured I would try again today. I ended up just booking ours for 2 people rather than 4, and booking my mom and daughter's dinners on their account and paying with my credit card. So right now, we all are booked for the same time, but as 2 parties of 2.

Once we are onboard, we will go by Chops to see if they can combine the 2 to get us a table for 4. lol

Crazy system when it comes to combining, but when dealing with just one reservation, it seems to work great!!! :D

Just wanted to post again to let everyone know the outcome.

Thanks for the feedback,

Holly :)

Holly

It does not matter what the names are on a reservation for 4. It can all be worked out when you get ready to pay. On a recent cruise my wife and I booked a table for 2 at Chops the first night and wanted her sister, B-I-L to join us. Since we are D+ and have a coupon for BOGO the first night and had already paid for 2, the manager refunded our money to our credit card and then charged us for 1. He also offer the other couple a discount for night one dining. It was a BOGO but saved still saved them about $20.00. So don't sweat it -- just go to dinner and they will work it out for you.