Port times on the Sun in Alaska changed/reduced

dijid

It looks like the Alaska itineraries aren't immune to the reduced times in port. (Cost savings?)

Check your itinerary!! On my dates, the Sun is now scheduled not to arrive in Juneau until 11:00am, essentially ruining my plans to do two tours that day. We also lost an hour in Skagway.

What really bothers me is that NCL didn't notify me. I saw a comment on a TripAdvisor forum about changed port times and then discovered it was true when I checked on My NCL. And people wonder in another thread why NCL's overall rating is falling...

• 4 weeks later...

Just checked our times: did change just a bit - Juneau didn't lose time, just moved up an hour to 10-8, instead of 11-9. Skagway - lost an hour from 7am-8pm changed to 8am=8pm Ketichikan stayed the same. Not enough change to mess with our plans.

• 4 weeks later...

I've heard that the cruise lines are having to switch (by law) to using low-sulfur fuel, which is more expensive than the fuel they've been using.

To save fuel and money, they're planning to travel slower. Since they'll need more time between ports, they're forced to reduce the amount of time IN some of those ports.