Best month for weather in alaska

ren0312

One of our priorities was to take a helicopter to the top of a glacier and go dog sledding. If you don't do that in June the chances are it will be to warm later in the summer. Doing a sled on wheels was not an option. We wanted the real thing, a once in a life time experience.

These tours run most of the season. They shut down late in the season because they need to move off the glacier before winter weather sets in. I haven't done this yet, but I've never heard of them not being available later in the summer because it's too warm.

Based on experience living in SE Alaska for a lifetime, I'd go for June. Usually ok weather, long days, and the people in the towns aren't burned out.

Hahah! Exactly. Less likely to get run over as you stand in the street to take pictures. :D

We were on the Legend last year on the 18th of May and the weather unbelievable. Spend most of my time in a tee shirt and wind breaker. In Skagway it was in the 70 s. One of friends did the same cruise in July and they didn't have one day of full Sun.